Chapter Thirty: Your Champions Are...

Y/N POV

It was the next day and we had DATDA with Professor Moody. "Alastor Moody," he said and wrote on the board, "Ex-Auror. Ministry malcontent. And your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, end of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?" Which no one did, or was scared to ask. "When it comes to the dark arts I believe in a practical approach. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!" He shouted, scaring us. "But first, which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?"

"Three, sir," Hermione said, frightened.

"And they are so named?"

"Because they are unforgivable. Use of any one of them will..."

"Earn you a one-way ticket to AZ-KA-BAN! Correct. Now the ministry says you're too young to see what the curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against, you need to be prepared, you need to find somewhere else to put you chewing gum other than the UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DESK MR. FINNIGAN!" He yelled.

We all looked at Seamus who was nervous now. "No way the old codger can see out the back of his head," he said.

Moody then turned around chucking the piece of chalk he was holding at him saying, "AND HEAR ACROSS CLASSROOM! So, which curse shall we see first? WEASLEY!"

Ron stood up, also nervous, and said, "Yes."

"Give us a curse."

"Well, my dad did tell me about one...The Imperious curse."

"Your father would know all about that. Gave the Ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why," Moody said after making a strange noise. He then went back to the front desk, which had many different things on it, and took out a spider from a jar. This made Ron scared. "Hello! What a little beauty. IMPERIO!"

He then flicked his wand, which sent the spider to a desk

He then flicked his wand, which sent the spider to a desk. "Don't worry. Completely harmless. But if she bites...she's lethal!" He exclaimed as it was hovering over Ron's head. Draco then laughed in the corner. "What are you laughing at?" He then sent the spider on his face as we all roared with laughter, I did feel bad for him though. "Talented, isn't she! What shall I have her do next? Jump out the window?" He then moved the spider to the window. "Drown herself?" He moved the spider over the bucket that was full of water that was on the desk. I didn't want to, but it's thoughts were screaming to let her drown. "Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only did You-Know-Who's bidding under the influence of the Imperious curse. But here's the rub, how do we sort out the liars? Another, another..." He said as he looked at us. He then spotted Neville in front and called on him. "Longbottom, is it? Up." Neville then stood up from his seat. "Professor Sprout tells me you have an aptitude for Herbology. Give us a curse."

"There's the um... the Cruciatus Curse," he said.

"Correct, Correct! Particularly nasty. The Torture Curse. CRUCIO!" The spider was now in a massive amount of pain and agony.