Chapter Thirty-four: Clashing Swords

Harry POV

The Yule Ball has been over for a few days now and things were back to how they were, well in a way. Ron and Jess were not really talking to one another since Ron's outburst. I did notice that Y/N and Hermione have been spending a lot of more time together and Jess was fine with it. I was still trying to figure out what the egg was.

"Hey, Potter. How are you?" Cedric called out to me late in the afternoon.

"Spectacular,"I said, somewhat confused.

"Look, I realize I never thanked you properly for tipping me off about those dragons."

"Forget about it. I'm sure you would have done the same for me and Y/N."

"Exactly. You both know the Prefects Bathroom on the fifth floor. It's not a bad place for a bath. Just take your egg and mull things over in the hot water. Could you tell Y/N when you see him? I would but I don't think we'll see each other today."

"I'll be sure to tell him." I was confused, but I think I understood what he was saying. I found Y/N in the Common Room with Hermione going over what the egg could be. I sat down in the armchair and told them about it.

"Perfict's Bathroom?" Y/N asked.

"That's what he said," I replied.

"I wonder why there of all places," Hermione added.

"One way to find out," Y/N said grabbing the egg. "I'll be back," and he then left.

Y/N POV

I went to the Prefect's Bathroom with my egg. "Pine fresh," I said and I was allowed into the room. Remembering what Harry told me what Ced had told him. I took off my shirt. I then got the water to a comfortable temperature and got in along with the egg. Please don't hurt my ears, I thought as I opened the egg. Instead of the screeching noise, it sang.

"Come seek us where our voices sound,

We cannot sing above the ground,

And while you're searching ponder this;

We've taken what you'll sorely miss,

An hour long you'll have to look,

And to recover what we took,

But past an hour, the prospect's black,

Too late, it's gone, it won't come back."

I wrote this down just to be safe. I then relaxed for a couple of minutes before getting out. When I was out I froze the water that was on my body and this caused it to crack and fall off, drying myself and clothes. As I put my shirt back on I figured out that the task has something to go with Merpeople, since they sing underwater. But, what is it that we have to recover. Has to be something that we'll miss or it won't come back.... Oh, Merlin they're going to take the person that we'll miss the most. Objects can be replaced, but people can't! That means for me it would be Hermione, for Nick it would be Jess, for Ced it would be Cho, for Fleur it would be her sister, since she and Roger didn't really connect, and for Harry it would be Ron. I don't know if for Krum it would be who he took to the dance, but whoever it is I still hope that he is able to save them. I ran back to the Common Room and found that Harry had felt to let Nick and Fleur know, but Jess was there now. I explained to them what I had found and they were both concerned.

"I don't like this. Not one bit. I'm fine with endangering my life, but others? How am I going to breath underwater for that long," I said, while pacing around.

Hermione then got up and stood in front of me, "everything will be fine. We have plenty of time to figure this out. I know that you'll save me and I know that Nick will save Jess." She then finished with a kiss.