Chapter Sixty: Godric's Hollow

Y/N POV

It was the day after Ron had left, and things were better. Jess was reading her journal and Ginny was looking at the map. Hermione and I were next to each other, as she rested her hand on my shoulder and we were looking over the journal. Each of his parts in the diary section end with "For the Greater Good" along with the symbol that was on the cover. "Where have I seen this symbol before?" I asked myself.

"That same symbol in The Tales of Beedle the Bard," Hermione said, as Harry ran out to us with the Snitch and gave it to Hermione.

"You were right. It's like you all said. Snitches have flesh memories, but I didn't catch my first Snitch with my hand, I almost swallowed it," he said out of breath. Jess and Ginny then came over as we looked at the Snitch that read 'I open at the close,' before the message disappeared.

"I open at the close?" Hermione said.

"What do you reckon it means?" Harry asked.

"No idea," Ginny said.

"We may have found something else. Come on, we'll explain in the tent," I said, as I got up and helped Hermione up. We all went back to the tent and sat at the table. Hermione put the Tales book down as I put the journal down, as we flipped to the pages that had the symbol.

Before we even started Harry said, "Wait, Luna's dad was wearing that at Bill and Fleur's wedding."

"Wearing it?" I asked.

"It was a necklace," Ginny said.

"Oh! I remember now," I said.

"I didn't think much of it at the time. You know Luna - she's always got some mad thing or the other she's carrying around. I just figured," Harry said.

"I can't be confident that it is in these two books," I said.

"Three," Jess said, as she placed her journal down, opened to a page with the symbol there. "It's in Dad's as well."

"I've been thinking. I-I want to go to Godric's Hollow. It's where I was born, it's where my parents died -" Harry started before being cut off.

"And it will be exactly where You-Know-Who will expect you to go. Because it means something to you," Ginny said.

"But it means something to him too, Ginny. You-Know-Who nearly died there. Wouldn't that be just the kind of place he'd hide a Horcrux?" Harry asked, bringing up a decent point.

"He's got a point, but if we do go, we have to expect a trap of sorts," I said.

"It's dangerous Harry, but I have to admit, recently even I've been thinking we might have to go. I think it's possible something else is hidden there," Hermione said, before pausing a moment. "The sword. If Dumbledore didn't want it falling into the Ministry's hands, but wanted Y/N to find it, what better place to hide it than the birthplace of the founder of Gryffindor himself?"

"Godric's Hollow is the birthplace of Godric Gryffindor? I mean, of course it is. Obvious, isn't it?" Harry said, trying to save himself.

"Have you ever read A History of Magic, Harry?" Jess asked.

"Tossed it at Neville once when he was snoring. Might've popped open," he said without laughing, making us all smile.

"Don't ever let me give you a haircut again," Hermione said to him, as she looked at his hair.

Harry POV

The night the five of us had Apparated to Gordric's Hollow. We saw that the town was decorated with Christmas decorations and that snow covered everything in sight. We, minus Y/N, had thicker coats on along with gloves and scarves.