Chapter Twenty-six: The Joys of Summer

Y/N POV

"Thank you for letting Jess and I stay here the past week Monica And Wendell," I say to them. It is currently the week before the Quidditch World Cup. Jess and I were at the Granger's home. We decided that we would stay with them for a week and the week before the World Cup Hermione would stay with us, and then we would all stay with the Weasleys for the rest of summer. Well, they would as I have a different mission during the last two weeks. While we were here dad said that he would pick up some camping supplies and food for that time, since I was going to be in the middle of nowhere. I haven't told anyone, but dad as I still don't know how to tell them. Grandfather already knows and I'm sure that he let Grandma know as well. Anyway Hermione had shown me around the town that she lives in. Jess tagged along as well on a few of our outings. We went to a few different places like the local clothes store, library, book store, sweet shop, and more. It was a really nice town. It was quiet, but still eventful with plenty to do. We really enjoyed our time together. I also learned that the Grangers are Dentists. Before Jess and I went to the Grangers we celebrated her birthday with dad. I had gotten her a really nice hoodie that I thought she would like, and she loved it. Dad had gotten her a new broomstick for Quidditch. The others had sent some really nice things for her as well.

"Of course, you both are welcome anytime," Monica said to us in front of the fireplace as we were going to use the Floo Network to get to our home. And I was getting it ready.

"Oh, I forgot something! I'll be right back," Hermione said, as she left.

"Y/N. Can I talk to you for a quick moment?" Wendall asked.

"Certainly. Jess could you finish getting it ready?" I asked.

"Sure," she said and I was led to the dining room.

"You remember what we told you when we met for the first time at the station?" He asked.

"I do."

"Good. I just wanted to thank you for being there for her. Hearing about you made our fears of the Wizarding World become a lot less. I just want you to know that we trust you with her." This made me raise an eyebrow. "Also, it's obvious that you fancy her."

"It is?"

"I'm a father. I can tell when someone likes my daughter. And getting to know you the past week is making me root for you. Let me say goodbye to her and then you three can go," he told me as he went to do so. I went back to the fireplace just as Jess finished it. Hermione and Wendall came down a few seconds later.

"You know how Floo Powder works?" I asked Hermione.

"I do."

"Good. Just say 'L/N residence' and you'll be there."

Three of you then stepped into the fireplace, with our things, and said, "L/N residence!" and dropped the powder, teleporting to our home's fireplace.

Hermione POV

We then stepped into Y/N and Jess's home. The first word that came to mind was cozy. The home has a nice rustic feel to it. The fireplace was in the living room, which had a few bookcases stacked with books. There was a television along with a coffee table and couch in front of it. There were a couple of armchairs as well. There was also a big window that showed the vast area around the home. It's so peaceful. "Dad's probably in the barn. I'll let him know we're here," Jess said and then left.

"I'll show you to the guest room then," Y/N said as he helped me with my things. We then went upstairs and told where Jess's, his dad's, and his room were. The guest room that I was going to be using was at the end of the hall and next to Y/N's. "I'll show you the rest of the house after you are settled, okay?" He said, to which I nodded. "Okay, let me know if you need anything or if you need any help."