Chapter 19

No trait is more justified than revenge in the right time and place.
- Meir Kahane

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 19

Bella’s POV:-

Did you ever hate someone so much that all you could think about day and night was how to take your revenge on him? Did you ever hate someone so much as to suddenly start bad mouthing about him in front of a complete stranger until and unless you were satisfied? My mind and soul were engulfed with thoughts of Caleb because until and unless I consumed my hatred for him, I wouldn’t be able to destroy that monster.

I sat at my usual place, doing my usual work. Only difference, I wasn’t my usual self anymore. I wasn’t able to forget that night ever since it happened and I didn’t intend to. Because that hateful night still keeps making me believe that there was indeed another side to Caleb,.. the monstrous side, the side that could do bad things to people. The side that could hurt even the person closest to him, because I finally understood why he never had anyone closest to him. He was alone because he was a monster.

“Bella..” A knock on the door made me divert my attention. David walked in, smiling satisfactorily.

“So?” I waited for his response as he sat infront of me.

“You were right” David said, dropping the papers infront of me, “These are really very important…”

“I knew it” I said, feeling relieved.

“You sure, you’re going to use it?” David asked for the tenth time.

You are going to use it. I just did my part” I said assuring him.

“Fine, then I’m going to talk to Josh Hamilton” David got up again, “And, Bella, I know you haven’t told me the whole story yet. But I know he has hurt you, and I’ll do everything in my power to ruin that bastard’s life”

“I know, David” I glanced up to him for a short period before getting on with my work.

It’s been a week since that incident, since I left his house and went back to my old apartment. It’s been a week since I had last seen him.

He tried to rape me!!!

That was the only word which played inside my head that whole night. I quivered, hugging myself, as I sat at the furthest corner of the bed. Darkness didn’t only cover the room; it had also filled my body and soul. The feeling I was having then was not hatred, it was something more than that. I was seething with vengeance.

That night I didn’t see the Caleb that I had known for so long. I didn’t see the Caleb I had once loved. But instead I saw someone who was every bit of the monster I had imagined him to be. I now was sure how much capable he was to hurt Noah, he could have easily….

Still couldn’t make that word come out.. Still?
I hated myself for that.

His Armani suit was still clutched within my fingers, covering my defeated, naked body as the night passed by. Tears had fallen, but I wasn’t crying. I was too much in a shock to even move until the sun lit my room. And then I had decided what was supposed to be done. I would take my revenge on him, however bad it was.

I had gotten up, throwing away the Armani suit on the floor and with very difficulty put on some clothes. I had to get out of this hell-hole, this place was not my house, it was the house where a monster lived and I couldn’t stay at a place like this.