Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Bella's POV:-

Hospitals were not my favorite place. They never were...

But it was my Caleb in there.. And I had to see him no matter how much I hated that place.

He was unconscious when I had last seen him. He was pulled into the Operation Theater while I had just stood there and watched helplessly.

 That was the last time I had seen him...

I had heard from Cecile that it was Mark's quick rescue that brought Caleb to the hospital in the right time. Though the accident wasn't that major, the doctor had said he was in a state of shock for quite some time.

Caleb survived that accident with only a broken hand, nothing serious. But Caleb had shut me out long before that. Each and every day since the accident, I had gone to see him and to talk to him..to apologize.. But he didn't see me for even once.

Three weeks had passed since the accident. I was in my hometown again. Sitting for hours in front of Noah's grave and wishing if things could have been a little different. But they wouldn't, would they?

It was Noah's death anniversary.. Seven years have passed but still it all seemed like it had happened yesterday.  Nina and Jake were here earlier. They left about an hour ago with the others, but I was still here. I had nowhere to go.. No home.. no one to call me theirs.. No one to love me.. Even Caleb was not talking to me.

It was going to rain soon as the sky was covered with clouds and thunders roared in the distance. I got up from the more-than-empty graveyard and started walking towards the exit. A figure with a black overcoat above his costly branded suite stood in the distance, watching me, as I approached him.

My heart raced and so were my feet as I came to face him up close. Caleb stood in front of the gate and my body sighed out a relief when I saw his usual perfect self for the first time since the accident. His hand was still bandaged and there were scars in his forehead and chin.

But my heart clenched when I saw the look in his eyes. They gave me shivers. He looked like a man without emotions.

"Thought I would find you here" His voice flowed through the empty graveyard and sounded the same - empty.

"How are you?" I smiled at him, expecting he would do the same.

He raised his fractured hand a bit and replied looking down, "Alive.."