Chapter 29

Okay.. I had no idea I would get 400+ votes in just a day..

You people really are sucker for romances :D :P

Fingers crossed**

~~~~~~~

Chapter 29

Bella's POV:-

          (Nearly Two Months Later)

The large box with expensive velvet wrapping was very peacefully sitting on the dirty slab of my small kitchen counter. Beside it, I sat on the stool gulping down my chocolate Ice-cream like a hungry wolf while eyeing it curiously.

I found the box on my doorstep this morning when I decided to leave my apartment for the first time in like a week or so. I actually don't remember when was the last time I was out on the street.

If you are wondering then what happened to my prestigious job? Well, I resigned!!! Shocking, I know. But after my last encounter with David and knowing he was at fault for back-stabbing me and partly responsible for ruining my marriage, I couldn't just walk into his Office like nothing had happened. So I quit.. And for the past two months, I am happily lounging in my apartment and shedding buckets of tears. I tell you, these are all stupid hormones, not me!!!

I hadn't unwrapped the box yet, because I still didn't know if it was mine. Surely it was placed on my doorstep, but it had no address- neither recipient's nor sender's. I didn't even see who delivered it. For all I know, it could be a bomb and I could be dead by now. But I wasn't and the fact that nobody came looking for a missing expensive gift box, proved that it wasn't someone's lost property.

My small apartment was now much smaller and filled with card board boxes all over the place. Half of my things were already in it and half were in the process of getting in. Yes, I was packing and I was leaving.

New York had given me too much. But I think it should end here and I should leave before things get much worse. I was going to a far-off town where I found a small job as a consultant lawyer. It's a small town far away from everything and everyone. I could have another start.. This time without involving any of my past..

A loud bang on the door brought me back to reality.

"There's a parcel for you downstairs" Mr. Jefferson's voice penetrated inside the small apartment like bullets. He was my next door neighbor and the owner of this building. He banged the door twice more which was on the verge of breaking, "Go down and sort out quickly..!!!"

"Okay, thanks Mr. Jefferson.." I shouted from my place and heard his footsteps fed into his room.

I looked at my half eaten and mostly melted Ice-cream and pushed it aside. I got up from my favorite seat. Taking my phone and purse with me, I strode across my apartment and bumped into all most everything that lay on the floor. Finally I managed to go towards the door and walked down the stairs.