Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Bella's POV :-

It's Sunday noon and I haven't talked to Caleb since our last encounter on Tuesday. Actually he didn't even bother to show up since that day in the house. He stayed in his Office or somewhere else which I don't know about. One night I thought I heard the main door make those beep noises, But he never came up and in the morning when I woke up, Caleb wasn't here. I tried to find him in his study or rather just pry around. But that room of his is always locked. 

And guess what that big picture above my bed is- it's a glow in the dark picture of me. He paunted my face and it shows up in the dark when the lights aren't turned on and it literally creeped me out.

So, after lunch, I was just about to go to my room when I heard those beep sounds again from the main door. I knew it had to be Caleb and so I marched towards the door with an angry scowl on my face and my hands crossed over my chest.

As soon as the door opened, Caleb walked in and I just shot out my anger at him, "So, you finally decided to show up?"

Caleb hadn't expected me standing there, so for a second he was taken aback and looked at me wide eyed. Then seeing me clearly he gave me a weary smile, "Nice to see you too"

"Yeah, I can't say the same about you" I followed him as he walked ahead, his coat on his hand and his shirt pulled out. He looked so tired, "Where were you all this time? Last I saw you was five days ago"

"Work" Caleb muttered.

"Huh?! Don't give me that pathetic excuse. For five days you didn't come home. You didn't even try to contact me.."

"So, you were thinking of me?" Caleb walked towards the dining room and poured himself a glass of water, "Missing me already?"

Even his smirk was drained out, with his ruffled longer hair and a light stubble,"Why would I miss you? It's just that, this is a freaking big house. And if you are not staying here I can better go back to my cozy apartment"

Caleb turned around to look at me and then jotted his eyebrows together, "No, you can't"

"Why not? If you can go and live somewhere else, why don't I just go back?" I shrugged.

"I said you can't. That's it" Caleb put the glass down.

"Fine" I murmured, "I don't know if you remembered or not, but you had told the entire world that we are having the reception party tonight. So, I guess that's canceled then?"

"No, way" Caleb spun around again, "I've prepared everything. You don't need to worry. The reception party will happen tonight."

"It will?" I looked at him in surprise, "Okay"

"So.." Caleb walked towards me, "You were missing me? Be honest, Pumpkin"

"I said I wasn't. But I have a problem..." I said stopping him with my hand.

"What?" He said while moving my hand from his chest and coming forward.

I stepped back again, "We have the party tonight and I don't even have a dress to wear.."

"Oh, that? That's not a problem, Pumpkin" He strode forward again, "Luke will be here within an hour with all your things and anything else you want, he can get that too"

"Good" I pursed my lips in a smile, "But stop calling me that"

He came closer and held my waist to pull me towards him. It was a light pull, not too forceful and neither did his eyes bore any sensual attraction in them. He just looked tired, "I hope this reception goes well" he sighed.