Chapter 25

I hate writing lovey-dovey chapters..
Well.. here it goes.. :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 25

Caleb’s POV:-

“What’s wrong, Caleb?” Grandma’s voice made me look away. I had temporarily stiffened in my place, trying to glare at the figure who sat opposite me.  But I failed since she just gave me a victorious smirk.

“Nothing” I muttered again, digging into my food. This was the fourth time.

Last night, everything had resolved, finally. Bella and I had finally resolved our differences and reconciled. But according to Bella, that was not enough. Obviously it wasn’t.. no sane person would be happy with just that.

Last night, when she had wrapped her arms around mine and kissed me, I was taken by surprise. I didn’t think she would kiss me after all the hurt I had given her. But I had kissed her back.. out of impulse maybe. My Bella was kissing me, after so long.. How could I not kiss her back?

But that was it.. Nothing more happened.. I didn’t let anything more happen.. I didn’t touch her anymore. Though Bella was disappointed, she seemed too eager to make it work. She had forced me to sleep with her on the bed, and man! It was the best sleep I had in ages. Wrapped around her arms.. being so close to her.. listening to her rhythmic breathing while she slept and looking at the most beautiful person beside me made me realize that I was definitely the luckiest man alive..

She had slept like a child last night, too tired I guess.. But just before drifting off, she had put forward a bet, and damn! It was the hardest one I had come across..

She may have forgiven me that easily, but I couldn’t forgive myself. I haven’t touched her ever since and I don’t intend to in the future. But it’s going to be so difficult..

“Caleb!” Mark shouted. Fifth time I have been warned.

“Sorry” My responses were vague. I was busy glaring and finishing my breakfast as soon as possible.

We were all having breakfast on our wide porch overlooking the sea. Sean, Peter, Gabrielle and Cecile had already finished their food and had went ahead to play volleyball. Rebecca was busy tanning herself somewhere and I was least bothered by that. What I was bothered by was that now the table consisted of me and Bella, grandma, mom and Mark.

And it was embarrassing

Her toe again made its way over my foot and traced its way upwards. I jolted up again at her touch, making the table jerk with me. I looked around the table and everyone except for Mark was trying to hide their smiles. Great! Everyone knew what she was doing!