Bonus Chapter! 4K!

Bonus! Yeah, I said I wasn't going to update today, but I decided to give a little bonus chapter, it's fluff... 

because...

WE HIT FOUR K READS!!!

I'm very happy.

Thank you, guys.

You're awesome. Believe it!

Also, this is set in the past, when they were kids, it's written from Reader-san's point of view. 

And without further ado...

I was walking through Konoha, looking through the various shops, just leisurely making my way across the village.

My eye was caught on a (f/c) pair of shoes in one of the shops. I ran to the window, clinging to it, pressing my face against it, and drooling on it. I walked through the doors, staring at the feet covers that were, I decided, my next pair of shoes. 

I looked at the price tag, and my mood dropped. 'I don't even have half of that!' My shoulders slumped. 

I walked out of the shop disappointedly and continued my journey through the village. I could no longer seem to focus on anything again, other than my feet as I walked. 

I sighed again, but someone heard me this time, 

"(Y/n)? Why do you look so down?" I looked up to see Kushina, and standing beside her was Minato. 

"Oh, I - it's nothing." I waved it off, not wanting to admit it.

"No. There was a reason you were down. Tell me what it was." She crossed her arms, raising a brow.

'Man, I hate it when she goes full-on mom-mode...'
"I... I saw this pair of shoes..." I placed my pointer fingers together, "And I really liked that pair of shoes... But I can't afford them, so I'm walking depressedly through the village." I said the last part fast because I didn't want to say it at all. I'm a Chunin, but I blow all of my money as soon as I get it. 

I looked up at them to see Kushina nearly in tears, confusing me- I thought I'd be lectured for some reason or another. Minato was picking out vegetables from one of the stands, but I was sure he caught everything. He was the fourth Hokage.

"Okay, Minato, we're going to buy a pair of shoes." Her voice was shaky as she grabbed my wrist and Minato's and pulled us away.

"What? But- We were grocery shopping!" Minato said, and she glared back at him, and he raised one hand as if to say 'I surrender, we'll do what you want.'

Minato, who was no longer questioning the aggressive pregnant lady who had a death grip on our wrists, looked at me, his eyes wide, but he smiled, which made him look a little crazy.

I nervously smiled back, unsure of what to say... On one hand, I didn't want someone else to buy shoes for me... but... I also wanted to live to see my teenage years...

So I guess I was getting new shoes after all.

As soon as we got in the store, Kushina, somehow, knew exactly which ones I was talking about- but she did know my favorite color.

'That, or she read my mind!' 😱🤯 I stared at her nervously. 'Is that something that Uzumaki's can do!? She always knows what I'm thinking!'

"What size do you wear...?" She asked.

"Uh... Don't you know?" She looked at me confusedly.
'Maybe she can't read my mind...'

"Kushina! Look at these!" Minato smiled, holding up a pair of baby shoes. "They're premie! Aren't they tiny?!"

Kushina had stars in her eyes, but she wasn't staring at the shoes, it was Minato. 

'Don't pregnant ladies like baby stuff? Why's she staring at Minato? Doesn't she see the shoes?'

She covered her mouth, turning her head away, "That's so cute..." She muttered.

In the end, Kushina bought me the pair of shoes, and Minato bought us ice cream when we left the shop. 

My eyes opened to the dark room surrounding me. The memory of Minato and Kushina stung. My body was so sore, and my head began spinning as I sat up. "Tsuru?" I asked as she turned the light on.

"Yes. It's time to begin your training. You're crying." She pointed out. "Is something wrong?"

I wiped the tears off, "No, I'm okay. I'd like to begin training now if that's okay."

She pressed no further, "Of course."

(A/n: Also, it's been a year since I began writing again, and I have done so almost every single day since.)