Opinions

Name; (L/n) (Y/n)

Age; Twelve

Personality; Mostly depressed but hiding it usually

Status; Jounin

"I just don't think I want to be with you anymore." The boy shrugged, "Sorry. See ya' round."

(Y/n) felt her heart shatter again, repeating the words Tatsuya had so emotionlessly said just hours earlier.

"Hey, (Y/n), what's-" Shisui cut himself off, halting his steps completely when he saw (Y/n) on the ground, knees to her chest.

Sobbing.

Shisui felt the anger bubble up inside of him. She didn't cry much, so when she did, he knew she was sad.

"What did he do, (Y/n)?" He asked, now in front of her, dropping to his knees and pulling her hands from her face.

"He s-said he didn't want to be with me anymore..." Her face was red, and tears streamed down from her puffy eyes, dropping off of her chin.

"Well, he doesn't know what he's missing. I know for a fact that you're the coolest Ninja in our age group- if not the entire village. One day, you'll find someone who treats you like a princess, okay?"

Her eyes watered as her mouth drooped slightly, her tears halting completely. "Y-You really think so?"

"I know so." He grinned. She smiled, her tears streaming again. "What? Did I say something?"

"Yeah. You made me happy, dummy." She giggled. Shisui had to notice that she had an adorable giggle but thought nothing more of it as she wrapped her arms around him.

He smiled, returning the hug as well. "I'm glad. I hope you're always happy, (Y/n)-chan."

He did acknowledge that something changed that day. When she hugged him, that is.

They'd hugged before, but only once did he do it for so long- when they were ten- when Minato and Kushina died, and he saved her from falling, jumping. But it was strange- different from comforting anyone else. He liked that he was there for her and that she cheered up, but he never wanted to see her like that again.

He felt like her smaller, cute form fit into his arms perfectly.

He couldn't explain why he felt that way. He also had no clue why he wanted her protected so badly.

He did know, however, she was there for him when his father died, just a few months ago, so he was going to be there for her regardless of what he'd have to face.

And after that, he began worrying about her when she would go on missions. He had no idea why.

But he assumed it was just because they were best friends- they had been since they were six, so why shouldn't he worry?

He also knew she was a Jounin- a talented one. She could take care of herself, he knew that.

So why couldn't he stop worrying?

"Shisui?" Itachi asked. "Is something wrong? You're always distracted lately."

"Sorry, Itachi-chan. I'm just...uh..." He blushed. He didn't want to admit it.

Eight-year-old Itachi caught the blush, giving the older boy a questioning look. "Just what?"

"I was... You know, it isn't important. We should go get some Dango. You want to?"

"...Sure."

Likewise, (Y/n) thought about Shisui a lot too. He was her best friend, so she worried about him. She also knew Shisui was a Jounin, and stronger than her- he could protect himself.

But that didn't prevent her from worrying.

Not only did she worry, but she missed him. She'd been taking a lot of missions lately. They barely saw each other, and when they did, it was fairly brief.

He was her best friend, but he was also the one person she knew she could rely on. He was always there when it was important. Always. She wished they were on this mission together.

When she was traveling, her friend occupied her thoughts. When she was dreaming, he was in them. Always there, encouraging her, joking with her, helping her. 

Her face was warm, but she had no idea why. 

Her hands were clammy, too.

She wanted to get this mission done so she could talk to Shisui again.

She longed to see him again, but she didn't understand it. 

She didn't understand the butterflies that fluttered in her stomach when she thought of him, or why he could make her blush so easily.

Well, she knew he could make her blush if he wanted to, just simply by calling her out on something with that confident, smug grin he always wore when he did.

"Hey, Shisui. What's up?"

"The sky."

"What?"

"The sky." 

She gave him another confused look before face-palming, and Shisui burst out into laughter. "Really, Shisui?"

"Y-You seriously didn't understand that? It took you that long?"

"Jerk."

He gave her the shit-eating grin that he always wore when he knew he got her. "You love me."

She knew what he meant- in a sibling love kind of way. But that didn't stop the intense heat that covered her face.

She blushed hard. "No. I don't love jerks." She pouted, crossing her arms and turning to the side.

He didn't drop his grin, only walked over to her, placing his hand on her shoulder. "Say that to my face."

She turned, "You're a jerk. A mean one." She gave him an annoyed look, but he knew it was only half-hearted.

"Really? My apologies, (Y/n)-Hime." He bowed low, and she now blushed bright-crimson, "Please forgive me, Hime." He rose, the same grin still adorning his features.

"Don't call me that!"

"Why not, Hime? I think it suits you, Hime." He chuckled at her pouty face. "I'll take you out for ramen to make up to you for my jerky-ness, Hime." He turned, offering her his arm, "Mi'lady?"

She rolled her eyes, blush refusing to back down. "If you think I'm hooking my arm with yours, you're crazy."

"I must be absolutely insane." He grinned, flickering to her, and hooking her arm with his, refusing to let go. 

"Shisui! People will think we're on a date!"

He laughed. "Since when do you care what anyone thinks?"

She sighed, knowing he was right. She'd never particularly cared for other peoples' opinions.

She smiled at the memory. That was a month ago, one of their- rare -mutual free days.

His need to protect her had grown and would continue to grow stronger.

He hated that someone hurt her.

And he didn't like fighting, but if the guy ever hurt her again, he was sure that he would be in one.

He did briefly notice that the way she fit into his arms was perfect, but he wouldn't even admit that to himself.