Truthful

Name; (L/n) (Y/n)

Age; Sixteen

Personality; Still distant, still depressed, always hiding it. But not as stoic.

Status; ANBU

It has been a few months since they kissed on that mission, and although they talked more, Shisui and (Y/n) had yet to address the subject. 

They were now both sixteen. 

Shisui was beginning to worry about all of this business with his clan, and he knew he needed to talk to (Y/n), in case anything were to happen. To either of them, really, though he hated picturing her injured, or worse.

So that was what he was doing today. He needed to tell her how he felt and ask her how she feels, from there he can decide what to do. 

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

(Y/n) opened the door, finding a flustered Uchiha outside of it. "Shisui? Is something wrong?"

"Oh, no. I just- uh, we need to talk...can I come in? This may not be a short conversation..."

"Of course." She stepped aside, opening the door wider so Shisui could walk in.

"You...got a cat?" He asked, seeing the lazy creature sprawled out across the back of the couch.

"Oh, no. It's the lady next doors'. I'm keeping him here while she's in the hospital. She's an older lady, she has hip problems. Sorry, I know you're allergic."

"That's okay, he's a really beautiful cat." He smiled, sitting down on the armchair instead. 

(Y/n) sat on the couch, facing Shisui, "So, what did we need to talk about?"

"Well...the...the kiss...on the mission...I want to know..."

"If there was a meaning behind it?"

"Yeah, that." He nodded.

"Was there meaning for you?" 

"...Yes..."

She smiled, a blush dusting her cheeks, "There was for me too..." She stated meekly.

He grinned in return, the same pink tint on his cheeks. "I-I'm glad. I...I want to be..."

"More than friends?" She asked, finding his shy side cute. He wasn't normally like this.

"Yes..."

She stood up and sat down on the armrest of the chair he sat on, facing him, getting his attention. "Of course I want to be your girlfriend, dummy."

He blushed hard, but still pulled her down into his lap to hold her against him. "You're so cute, Hime, I could hold you here forever. I might not even miss anyone." He was grinning. He couldn't seem to break it as he placed his chin on her head, her cheek against his chest.

He decided it was probably still a little too soon to tell her what was going on with his clan, so he opted to wait. He didn't want to overwhelm her and scare her away. This was already a step up for them, he thought going into detail like that would be too much for one day.

*****

(Y/n) and Shisui had been together a few months now, and she was happy about that, but the nightmares hadn't stopped. She barely slept, and she hadn't told Shisui any of this.

She hid the scars on her wrist with long gloves that she found herself wearing constantly.

(Y/n) stood at her sink, washing her dishes, with the window in front of her open. She was thinking about everything that has happened over the last few months. Her and Shisui were together, her remaining teammate had left, saying he wanted to travel, leaving her here alone after the death of her other teammate at fourteen- two years ago.