The Replacements

Name; (L/n) (Y/n)

Age; Seventeen

Personality; She's slowly becoming happier (I also realize most everything put in this bar isn't technically a personality, but they usually have effects on personality. Depression isn't a personality, but it totally sometimes seems like it. Like, 'oh it's just who I am now. I guess we're rollin' with it.')

Status; Shisuis' caretaker

(Y/n) and Shisui decided to move out of their apartment in the Uchiha Compound nearly a month ago. Just a week after the massacre. They decided to live somewhere a little more populated, just so Danzos' goons couldn't get the drop on them.

"(Y/n)?" Shisui called from behind her, as she placed the last dish in the drainer. He placed his arms around her from behind.

She leaned into him, placing her hand on his cheek. "You're getting better at shaving your face blindly."

"Not even one cut." He stated proudly.

"That's good, Shisui." She smiled.

"So, (Y/n), I need to talk to you about something..."

"What's that?"

"Well, the last time you went to the grocery, and I decided to hang out with Kakashi..."

"Yeah?"

"I had an...ulterior motive."

"And that would be?"

He grinned, "We went to see a medical Nin."

"...May I ask why?"

"Well, this medical Nin...he's confident that we can replace my eyes the next viable set from an organ donor."

(Y/n)'s eyes widened, a smile creeping across her lips, "That's great, Shisui! I suppose this is because you're ready to return to active duty?"

"I'm so ready for that, but... that isn't my only reason..." He smiled, "Someday... when I make you my wife, I want to see how beautiful you look on our wedding day." She blushed, and his hands found her face, "I want to fight beside you again... I want to be able to protect you again."

"I love you, Shisui..."

"I love you, too."

*****

It was only two weeks later, and Shisui got his new eyes. It was strange to (Y/n), to see him with eyes after over a year of seeing him without them. His new eyes were a hazel color, and she had to admit, they suited him quite well.

For the first week, he had to wear wraps over his eyes, given that they would be sensitive to the light for some time.

"(Y/n)..." He said, the bandages off of his eyes now.

"Yeah?"

"You look even more beautiful than I can remember."

"And you're the most handsome man I've ever laid eyes on."

"Well, I am one of those dashing Uchiha..."

"Shut up." She grinned.

"God, I've missed that smile..." He murmured.

"Are you excited to return to active duty?" Kakashi asked, calmly leaning against the wall.

"Yeah. I'm really ready to get back into shape."

"I bet. I guess all of that sitting around being spoon-fed has probably taken its toll on your physical strength."

Shisui laughed, "Yeah, I suppose it has... (Y/n), can you go get me a water?"

"Sure." 

Once she had left the room, Shisui's expression hardened, "Kakashi, if he kills me-"

"He's not going to come after you-"

"IF he does... I need you to give me your word that you'll protect her."

"I may not be the best person to ask. That's not the first time someone has."

"How comforting... but I need your word, Kakashi."

Kakashi nodded, "You have my word. I will protect her with my life, whether you live or die."

(Y/n) walked back into the room, noticing the aura in the room. "Uh... what's up in here?"

"Nothing, I was just leaving." Kakashi gave her his signature closed-eyed smile before disappearing.

She looked over at Shisui, "What was that about?"

"I don't know. Come sit close to me, so I can stare at that face I've been missing."

She rolled her eyes, walking toward him anyway. "Oh, look. There's that shit-eating grin."

He laughed, his eyes sparkling as he did. She was so happy to see him happy again. 

Little did they know, this was the beginning of a new adventure for them.

It wouldn't be an easy one, by any means, but they'd get through it...

(A/n: Sorry that this chapter is short, but I wanted to get it out there... and I have other stories that are new and exciting... NOT LEAVING THIS ONE, IT'S STILL MY FAVORITE ONE THAT I'VE WRITTEN... but I don't know where I'm going with it... I only had it planned to a certain point, but I'm thinking there's going to be a change and an arc soon, so look out for updates!

Also, I'm always open to ideas from my readers, so if you have any, let me know in the comments or PM me...

Ps... The bold and italic writing at the bottom of the page isn't yours or Shisui's thoughts... I felt like I should clarify that. It's more like a third-person narration. Picture it in Kakashi's voice, or Itachi's if you want. Or whoever. Doesn't really matter, it was just intended as omniscient third-person narration.

AND HAVE HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! WHO'S READY TO BE PAST 2020!!?? NOT THAT our problems will just disappear tomorrow...

But still.)