[One-Shot #12 Mikasa] It's A Price I'm Willing To Pay

Requested: N/A

Warning: Violence

Words: 836

---

New and naive. The name of that? A cadet. In a world where death is just around the corner. A beast of great height, impeccable strength, and a face of human.

Titan. One word alone can cause memories upon memories. The emotionless trance, the widen eyes, dull color of their skin. The tears subconscious to themselves.

Cadet Y/N L/N, an optimistic girl, diving into the services for the sake of humanity. The smiles of her family before her world burned into ashes. The laughter that won't ever reach her ears. The warmth that only left scars.

Flying through the wreckage of buildings destroyed by Titans, Y/N smiled to herself, the smell of smoke in the air. It reminded of her home, the fire that her family sat around to keep warmth in the winter. She swayed her hand in the wind, the air singing against her skin. She landed on a stable roof top, and she saw a familiar face. Mikasa Ackerman.

"Y/N!" Eren called, his mouth cupped by his hand. "Over here!"

Y/N smiled, seeing Armin with a nervous smile. "Is everything alright?"

Eren looked at the sky. "For now."

Mikasa watched Y/N, her eyes hardening at Y/N's smiling expression. She never understood Y/N. It was obvious this world was hell, she still decided to have the brightest smile around. She crossed her arms, hearing Y/N, Eren, and Armin has a little reunion. She walked up to Y/N, staring Y/N down, but it didn't affect her.

Y/N smirked, "Problem?"

Mikasa didn't move. "This world doesn't need a false sense of security."

Y/N laughed. "Don't be such a downer, a few little greets isn't going to hurt anyone."

Eren watched Mikasa walk away from the cadet. He looked over at Armin, but he shrugged, unaware of the thoughts in Mikasa's head.

Mikasa had always admired you, but she wanted to hate you, you annoyed her. In the end, she couldn't, no matter how hard she tried. She looked back at you, then to Eren.

"Come on, I'll race ya!"

Y/N jumped off the roof, flying through the air once again. Armin frowned, Eren almost raced after her until Mikasa held him back.

"Stay here," She said. "I'll go."

"Mikasa-" Armin saw her take off after you. "Didn't think she was one for games."

"She's not," Eren faintly smiled. "She's finally coming to an end."

"Huh-"

"Eren and Armin!"

---

Mikasa saw Y/N's body fly through the air, closely behind her. She took notice of Y/N's relaxed expression. It was unbelievable for something like that to continue, she knew this want going to be pretty.

"WATCH OUT!"

A hand swooped at the air, Y/N's body being pushed off course. She saw your body crash into a brick wall, and soon onto wood on the street floor. She looked at the Titan, the unblinking eyes staring her down, she felt her heart beat in her chest. Knowing that beast had hurt Y/N made her feel unbearable rage, more than she ever felt for Eren.

She thrusted herself to the Titan, cutting the back of the neck, the blood burning her cheek, but soon dissolved. She dropped to the ground floor, and saw Y/N smiling back at her. She saw Y/N wincing every movement of her body.

I will protect her at any cost. Protect her smile, her sweet smile. It's the only thing right with this world. I can't hate you. . .

Y/N laughed, standing up on wobbly legs.

It's too hard to hate you. . .

Y/N fell. Mikasa's eyes widened, and she dived after the girl. She knew Y/N had a couple of broken ribs, but you were alive and well.

I love you.

"Don't do that again!" She cried.

"It's okay. . . I'm fine." Y/N slurred. "Got to see you smile. . ."

Mikasa looked at her confused.

"You were smiling, when I smiled." Y/N groaned. "Getting hurt is a price I'm willing to pay to see you smile." She passed out.

Mikasa held her close.

I truly love you.

---

Y/N was okay, minor head injury and a few broken bones. Mikasa always stayed by her side and threatened to punch someone in the face because they wouldn't let you see her.

"Mikasa?" Y/N sat up in the bed.

"Mh?" Mikasa looked at you.

"Here,"

Y/N held over a scarf, something different from Eren's, even more precious.

"I know you have one already," Y/N coughed. "I was bored and thinking of you, so I knitted one for you. Oh -- and it's not stinky."

Mikasa laughed. Y/N took off the scarf, wrapping around her own on Mikasa's neck.

"Ta-da,"

Mikasa blushed, her heart beating in her chest. "Thank you." She mumbled.

"No problem," Y/N kissed Mikasa's cheek. "Anything for you. . ."

Y/N fell asleep.

Mikasa kissed Y/N's lips, Y/N smiling subconsciously. "Goodnight."