[One-Shot #1 Mikasa] Why?

Requested: N/A

Warning: Violence, near death, self-doubt, reader injured.

Words: 698

---

Fire. It was all around you, the smoke, the feeling of the flames close to touching your skin. You were disoriented, your mind was blank, and your eyes didn't blink. On your back, arms straight out, the deafening ringing in your ears. As if you were finally given a chance to rest, you closed your eyes falling deep in the void no-one could describe. Until the ground shook under your body, the Earth quaking, but then it became faster. The Earth groaned, croaked, and felt as if it may crack into two.

It was a Titan. It was being chased down by troops, but you were too far gone to care about the things around you. You sang in your head, smiling subconsciously.

Winter willows, I'll see you there.

You were awaken into reality by someone pulling you onto your feet, but soon you were on their shoulders. You took noitce of their hair and knew it was the Mikasa Ackermen, your friend from the training days.

"This is no place to die," She said. "I'm not letting you go."

You took notice of her nervous tone, and soon you knew why. All the adrenaline ran out, and the feeling off agonizing pain ran through you. You tighten your grip on the raven haired girl. Your breathing became rapid, and you blacked out.

---

You woke up.

"Good, you're awake!" Hange said.

You looked at her, forcing a bitter smile. You looked down at yourself abd noitced your leg wasn't present. It was severed, and you don't remember how, but that was for the best.

"For something that looked bad," Hange went over to you. "Wasn't too hard to take care of."

You clenched your teeth. "What's the point in saving me when I can't contribute anymore?"

Hange shrugged. "I didn't find you."

You cocked an eyebrow. "Then who?"

"Mikasa did, L/N." Levi entered.

"Levi!" Hange exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

"Nothing that concerns you, four eyes," He turned to you. "I may have good news for you. Since Mikasa did save you from death, you were brought in without a leg, which makes you a liability on the field. Although you aren't useless."

You smiled. "So that means I'm able to do something?"

"Yes." He answered. "You can help on small things around the places we will be traveling to, such as servicing on citizens and many other work I will instruct you on doing when the time comes."

"Yes, sir."

He walked away.

"Oh, that reminds me!" Hange ran over to her desk. She held out a woodend leg. "I haven't finished yet, but I thought you would like to walk around with using a stick."

"Thanks, Hange." You groaned. "Where is Mikasa?"

"No clue," She frowned with you. "She was very panicked, never seen her like that before."

"I. . .I guess she does."

--

It was a week since your injury, and Mikasa never went to see you. You were walking with a slight limp, but it was better than a walking stick. You walked out on the lawn, and saw Mikasa training by herself.

"Hello," You walked over to her. "Mikasa? I finally found you! I wanted to thank you for saving my life--" She stopped, and grabbed the collar of your uniform. "Mikasa?!"

"Why?" She looked right into your eyes. "Why did you just lay there?"

You looked at her surprised. "Huh?"

She clenched her mouth, and shoved you to the ground. "Why did you just give up on yourself?"

You frowned. "I. . .I don't know."

"You don't know?!" She shouted.

She pushed you to the ground, pinning your arms. "Do you know how many of us care for you, Y/N!"

Your eyes widened. "W-what?" You felt tears fall on your face. "Are you crying?"

She shoulders heaved. "You idiot. I care for you, Y/N."

"Mikasa?" She hugged you into her embrace. "I'm here now, Mikasa. Don't cry okay. I'm sorry."

"I love you Y/N."

Your world stop. "You-- love me?"

She kissed you, hard. "Yes."

"I'm . .so happy to hear that."

"Good," She smiled.