[One-Shot #24 Sasha] Alternative Reality

Requested: N/A

Themes: What if?

Spoilers: Yes (Season 4)

Warning: Angst

Words: 407

---

The image of Sasha dying, being shot without warning, an impulsive act that cost someone you loved deeply. You weren't able to move when the bullet sang its song of death, almost as if it was in slow motion when she fell backwards. A shock to everyone, to her close friends that mourned her with tears and denial. You wished it was you. A nobody taking a bullet won't shatter anyone, death was inevitable, some were growing immune to nameless casualties.

You took a deep breath in, closed your eyes, when you open them you were right in that moment. You felt as if someone, anyone, was playing a cruel joke on you, your mind maybe. Though, it wasn't the time to question, but now it was time to save her from her impending death. You pushed her aside, taking the bullet into your side, under your ride cage. You winced, falling onto your shoulder holding the wound that felt like hell. Burning and slowly numbing, tingling, and the pounding of your heart beat in your head.

"Y/N!" You heard someone cry out. You saw Sasha's face, her tears that bundled up around her eyes. You didn't understand. She doesn't know you, why would she cry? You heard other commotion, you felt warm hands move yours to put pressure of the wound. You didn't know if you were going to die, you felt light, but seeing Sasha's face, selfish as it was, her concern brought you joy. It may not be the concern of love, but the fact that you were human as she was.

You felt the temptation to close your eyes, to let them fall, the exhaustion, death whispering in your ears. Sasha caressed your face, it felt like a dream. You then recall something--Y/N? She never called you that before, wait, was this a horrible fate? 

"Y/N, don't close them." She called you again.

Tears fell down your face, and she touched your forehead with yours.

"I love you."

It was curel, too curel. To wish yourself as a sacrifice because of your non-existent face, to then be that sacrifice, to die without knowing what it felt to have everything you desired.

"Sa. . .sha." You wheezed.

Maybe you deserved it at the end.

"Y/N!"

At least she would be the last person you see.