CHPTR31: Just Three Words

Lauren

"Mmm.." Mia pulled away and picked up her apron from the floor. I stood on the glass windows with open legs, bra unlocked, and confused as fuck. "Um. What?" I asked. She turned some lights on and the sounds of the coffee machine start whirring. "For your Java Chip." She reached for two cups. "And I will have the chocolate chip cream.." She mumbles after scribbling on the cups and punched a few buttons. "Like I said.. That'll be 4.17 dollars." She looks blankly at me. "I-.." I sighed. "I can't believe this is happening." I reached for my purse and wallet and handed her the bill. She went on to prepare our drinks as I judge her with my heated eyes. "Did you know?" She started shaking. "According to local lore, the invention of the coffee frappe was an accident." And there she goes with her random facts. My day just isn't complete without one. "Nestle's employee inadvertently discovered the drink when he shook up cold water, instant coffee, milk, and children's instant hot chocolate mix." She laughs. Which was always contagious. "He must have been an employee of the year," I commented. "Right?? And the word frappe first appeared in the 1840 something edition of the American English Dictionary. Derived from the French word frappe. Which means, "to Chill." And with a few cool subtle flicks of her wrist, our drinks are almost ready. "I didn't know that." Now I'm eager to learn more. "This right here is loved internationally. It has regional variations like, Adzuki? Was it? Which is red bean Frap in Japan. Uhm, Dulce de LecheFrap in Argentina. Aaaand the Coffee Jelly Frap in the Philippines."

I saw her flip the lever and made it triple. "And voila. One Java Chip for a newly published writer. And an ol Chocolate Chip Cream for her very awesome girlfriend." Okay, now she's being way too adorable not to kiss. As I was about to, "Oh I almost forgot!" She ran to the back for a brief second and came back with brownies, a mug, a planner, and a Pink Bean shirt. "This is obviously all I have at the moment." She laughs nervously. "Hey.. are you kidding me? Being with you alone is already such a gift for me."

We sat at a nearby high table. "Did you put something in this? Why does this frappe taste extra good tonight?" I asked Mia. Because it is." Her shoulders lifted and then back down as she sips from her own choice of drink. "Dunno. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you're now officially a writer. Or that you're in love. Either way." She covered her mouth and her eyes went wide as if she just said the stupidest thing ever. "I.. I didn't mean.. I wasn't." I watched the contemplation crossed Mia's features, knowing the internal battle that was at play. "Ugh God that was stupid of me to blurt out. I didn't mean to imply-" I kissed her on the lips as light as a feather. "But I am. In love with you." She stared at me wordlessly. "I have been for a while now." I looked down at my drink. "Gahd, seriously, what is in this? You must've put some sort of truth syrup that just makes me say all these none-.."

Then she kissed me. Again and again, and again. My eyes flutter at the touch of her hand on my waist. She eased down from her seat so she's looking up at me with those ocean eyes. Now full of passion and desire. I reached down and grabbed her sweet swollen lips that taste of chocolate. I felt her fingers outside my panties. "You're already wet." She breathes in my neck. "I haven't even touched you yet."

"This is what you do to me." I tried to say without trembling. With her hands on my ass, she drew me closer to her. Yes. Closer still. She met my eyes and know I'm ready for her, she slid a finger inside my panties. Prompting me to throw my head back and whimper quietly. My skin felt sensitive. With her other hand working its way up to my breast. I hitched at the touch of cold fingers against my nipple. Her warm hot tongue on my neck only made me moan louder. I rocked my hips faster on her fingers. The air felt heavy and my eyes saw white. It's gonna happen any moment now. "Lauren.." The sound of my name from Mia's lips only elicited a moan from me. "Yes.." I whispered between her coming in and out of me until I couldn't hold it any longer. She licked my earlobes before speaking. "I love you." As her thumb pressed on my center, she wrapped her arms around me to steady me as I ride out the intensity of the overflowing orgasm Mia just brought out in me. She kissed my neck as I try to refocus on where we are. The café. What day is it? Tuesday. No, Wednesday. And what Mia just said to me before I combust. How can just three words make my chest experience a rush of emotion in a manner I wasn't expecting.