CHAPTER9: She Licked Afterwards.

CHAPTER 9

Lauren

"There." I put the bottle down in the nightstand as the scent of nail polish occupied the room. "Now you just gotta hold your hand up in the air for a couple of minutes till it dries. I let go of her fingers. Suddenly feeling the loss. I've been doing her nails for about 5 minutes now. "Yeah. This rocks." Mia smiles wildly and held up her hand in a rock n roll. "Thanks." We high fived. She lay in her bed and looked up to me. Oh, that was an invitation. I lay next to her. Our legs relaxed on the wall. She wore black socks with rainbows on the ankles. I smile at the sight. Mia and her rainbows.

We laid there for a while. Neither saying a word. But it was comforting. I have no complains. "Sorry." Mia broke the silence. Intrigued, I turned to the side to face her. She fought the urge to look back at me, I can tell. I waited for her to explain further. "I don't normally have girls in my room. Amber used to. But after she met her boyfriend, she barely comes over. Which I understand, of course. Whatever that feels like." She chuckles. "So does that mean, you're not seeing anyone?" It was a genuine question. She shrugged. "Not into relationships right now." What does she mean by that? I pressed on. "Got your heart broken by a guy?" I asked casually. She grins. "Not even close." I wanted to ask more. But I don't think I should be prying over the topic of her relationships. Now isn't the time. Maybe someday. At that exact moment, she turned to look at me. The air around us suddenly felt heavy. She licked her lower lips as a jolt of flip flops made its way to my stomach. There's that magnetizing thing again. I feel like I should look away but for whatever reason, I couldn't. I lingered on her lips for a moment before I look up to deep blue eyes staring at me earnestly. My mouth went dry. Her lips moved. "What?" I asked. Finding my voice somehow. "I said, do you wanna play a game?" She repeated quietly. I stare back at her before she pushed up the bed. Games. Yes. Anything to distract me from whatever the hell was that.

Mia

I dropped a red +2 card. Lauren eyed me with her own set of cards. She then released a yellow +2 card. "Man!" I complained. She laughs. Clearly enjoying all the plus cards she's given me all night. "Take it easy, will ya?" I joked. "YOU take it easy. You think I'm gonna let you get away with two plus 4's you laid on me earlier? Not a chance, Ghallager." For what seemed like an hour, we played rounds and rounds of Uno cards until we decided to have a rematch soon. Very soon.

I reached for a cheeto puff and found my hand on Lauren's who's also reaching for the bag of chips. She slaps my hand away. "Aw! You're vicious!" I balked at her. She winks at me as she popped a single cheeto in her mouth that somehow captivated me. I blinked hard. "Now that you had yours, do you mind sharing some with me?" I asked and reached for the bag of chips only to see that there's 3 cheetos left. She waited for my next move. Like a prying.. well, cheetah. I scampered up to my feet to get away from her glare and ran across the room. Lifted the bag to my mouth to get every last bits of it all before she does. I held a triumphant smile at Lauren as I held the empty bag on her pouty face, she looked so cute, I had to laugh. She walked up to me and did something unexpected. Apparently I didn't get all of the chips remaining. With her thumb, it moved to the corner of my mouth then placed it in her own mouth. She licked afterwards. Leaving me paralyzed. Now who's the one smiling triumphantly?