CHAPTER10: Fainted Lemon

Mia

"Okay. Truth or dare?" She asked. Smiling. I shook my head. I can't believe I'm playing grade school games with my brother's girlfriend. "Truth." I answered. She studied me. Which gave me some time to indulge the view. On the carpet, she laid with her head propped on her elbows. I remained across her and tucked my knees under my chin.

"Do you have a tattoo?" She finally asked. "What?" I looked at her like she just announced that Justin Bieber is running for president. "Just answer the question, Mia." I like the sound of my name from her lips. Would it be weird if I asked her to say it again? "I don't have a tattoo. Now your turn. Truth or dare?" She scanned my body. And I felt warm creeping to my neck up to my cheeks. "You have a tattoo." She simply stated. "And how exactly would you know that?" I crossed my arms on my chest and flicked an eyebrow. "You just seemed like the type of girl who would get a tattoo." She lifted her shoulder and back down again. I leaned closer to her on my hands and knees. "You think you know me, don't you?" I whispered and poked a finger on her ribs. She sat up in a one flash move, it's almost impressive. I blinked at her.

Okay, what did I do?

I searched her face. Her eyes locked on the carpet. That's when I realized. "Lauren... are you ticklish?" I asked. Batting my eye lashes at her. Giving her my most innocent smile. She didn't answer. "I'm guessing that's a yes. Prepare to run for your life." She pointed a finger at me. "Hey! I will not be held responsible for your injuries." She warned. "Oh. You're that strong?" I asked. "You don't wanna know the answer to that." But I was already on my feet and so is she.

She runs. All the while screeching. "You can't hide, Lauren Harper!" I bolted towards her as she screamed. A hand bangs on the door and we both paused. "Girls. Try to keep it down, please?" I heard mom's voice. "Sorry mom!" I called out. Hearing her footsteps faint until she was gone in the hallway. I turned to look at a laughing Lauren. I ran closer to her, realizing I was near her, she was about to scream again. I placed my palm to cover her mouth. I shushed her. "Shut the fuck up. You're gonna get me killed." I focused on her big green eyes. She stopped squirming, met my gaze and nodded her head. I dropped my hand to see that her cheeks have been painted a color of red. Probably from the heat of all the running.

Lauren

"A tarantula? Really?" I asked in shock. "Uh-huh. James hated it. He never admitted that he's afraid of it. But he never went near the thing. So we sadly got rid of it. That's when we got Chanchan so it turned out great." I nodded. She smiles every time she talks about the little beastie. Which is not in the room right now, and for that, I'm grateful. "My turn." She said. "Ask away." I sat up straight. She looked skyward. "What's the one thing that everyone does, that you don't?" I thought for a moment. "I don't curse."

"Shut up." Her eyes widened. That tugged the corner of my mouth up. "As in, at all?" She asked. Still bewildered. "I mean I do. In my head, that is." I shrugged. "Wus." I hear her say. I turned and glared at her. "Unlike you and your brother who curse a lot at each other. It's ridiculous." I threw my hands up. She chuckled. "Yeah we do that, a lot." Her smile faltered. We went still for a minute. I hear her sigh. "Wanna call the night with a movie?" She looked up to me from the carpet. I smiled at her youthful face. "I'd love that."

It's hard to focus on the movie when you're this close to Mia. We snuggled closely under the covers of her bed. Her laptop sitting on her lap. Our thighs and forearms are touching. A shiver runs down my spine at the non-existent proximity of our skin. She always smells like fainted lemon. Did she rub fruit on her to make her smell this delicious?

Okay what is wrong with me?

I shook my head dramatically. Hoping to stop these ludicrous thoughts. "Are you okay, Lauren?" Mia turned to me. She hit the pause bar as she searches my face as to why I was shaking like a mad man. "Are you cold?" Before I could protest, she walked to her closet. Came back with a pink hoodie and gave it to me. It was getting chilly. "This is sweet of you. Thank you." I held her gaze. Her lips formed into a smile as I bring the hoodie up to my head. We went back to our original position. Lying side by side as she played the movie. This isn't the first time I've worn her clothes. Unlike James, hers is almost the same size as mine. Comfortable, warm, and a touch of lemon scent. I sunken into the jacket, the covers, the bed, and Mia.