Epilogue: My Brother's Girlfriend

Mia

I woke up feeling hot. I opened one eye and looked down to see Lauren's mouth on one nipple and her hands at my center. I smiled at the knowledge of why I woke up, I looked at my bedside table. 3:34 in the morning. "Making up for lost time?" I asked her. "Is that a bad thing?" She responded. Switching to my other breast. Giving it the same attention. I never really find my breasts sensitive. But with Laurens's tongue, it sure is doing me wonders. "Are you kidding me?" I pulled her face to mine and kissed her with hunger. With purpose. And let's just say that the rest of the morning was spent in bed. Naked. And our bodies intertwined with each other.

I watched how she delicately spread butter in her bread. It might be the most endearing sight ever. "What are you wearing tonight?" She asked. "I think 'nothing' would be most accessible, don't you think?" I answered with mischief in my eyes. "Baby. I meant for the party." But she was smiling. I hugged her from behind. "How about.. that red cocktail dress you love of mine?"

"Don't be ridiculous! You don't have to wear a dress, you know. It's a casual party." I whirled her around. "It's not just a casual party. This is in honor of your first published novel!" She covered her face in the cutest way. "I cannot believe dad had to throw this one. But I didn't wanna let him down." I held her hands. "If anything, you're making him proud. I am too. We all are." She blushed on cue. "Thanks." I kissed her nose. "And I am going to wear the red dress." She frowned. "But baby that dress is torture." I laughed. Remembering the last time I wore it. I ended up getting fucked. By this beautiful woman standing right in front of me. "You can have me after the party," I said. And I can tell she liked that idea.

"You guys are coming to the party later at Lauren's right?" I asked Ben and Amber. But I was referring to Amber. "Why are you looking at me like that? Of course! Franz and I are coming." I shook my head. "Okay. But please, do not be late." She patted me on the head. "You know I can't promise that, Mighty Mouse." Ben of course, laughed.

"Good morning, Grace." I turned to the counter. "Here for your morning usual?" Working at the Pink Bean I've learned to memorize each of the regular's orders. And Grace usually goes for Ice Americano. She studied me. "You already know the next thing that's coming out of my mouth." Of course, I do. "Yes ma'am."

"And that would be?"

"One Iced Americano, to go. Coming right up."

"Atta girl." Yes! I guessed it right! "How's the flower shop?" I asked. Breathtaking Blooms just opened right in front of the café. And I just love the smell of fresh flowers coming whenever a customer from her shop comes over to have a sip of coffee. "Business is doing well, Mia. I sent your mother a bouquet. How'd she like it?" Mom happens to be friends with everyone. Especially to good people. "Oh, it's all she ever talks about. She even started reading gardening books." She laughs as I prepare her Americano. "I'd be happy to help." I handed her the order. "Here you go ms Grace."

"Thanks, Mia!" and that was my last customer of the day.

Lauren

"Woah there, dad. You're looking rather handsome tonight." I smiled at his dark casual jacket that matches his brown eyes. "Gotta look my best for the best writer in town." I rolled my eyes. "Dad, it's one book." He then hugged me. "One of the many more books you are to publish. I'm so proud of you, Lauren." I know that. And he makes sure I wouldn't forget. His voice then turned into a whisper. "Your mother is proud of you, too." A tear dropped in an instant. I couldn't help it. It was caught by dad's thumb. I do hope I'm making you proud, mommy. The doorbell rings. And that's our cue.

Thirty minutes later and the living room was full of guests mingling and sipping. Some standing and chatting, others lounging on the couch. "See? I told you that dress fits her very well." Taylor came to my sides. Admiring the dress she specifically told me would look good on my skin. "And those boots are working out for you," Sam said. "Yes. You were right. These are gorgeous." I gave both of them a hug. "We knew you'd make it, Wonder Woman," Taylor said. Calling me by the superhero nickname we each made to each other back in high school. "I haven't heard that in a while. It's nice. Even if Wonder Woman is technically a brunette." Taylor's eyes settled somewhere behind me. "And here comes YOUR lovely brunette girlfriend." I turned my head just in time to see a stunning Ivory-haired in a red cocktail dress, topped off with a silver necklace. She had luminous blue eyes which sent warmth to my chest and spread all over my body. Tingles prickled my skin as she moved closer to me. She nodded and said hi to Sam and Taylor who moved on to get something to drink. Mia fully turned to me and smiled. I swear a puppy is being born every time Mia smiles. "Hi." Was her first word. She kissed my cheeks. I'm pretty sure as of this moment, I'm all pink. "You look really pretty." Okay, now I'm all red. I brushed the compliment aside. "Look at you! Baby this dress is already teasing me. And the party barely started." She really does make my knees weak. She chuckles. "Well hold on to it a little bit more, tiger." She turned to a whisper. "I'm all yours tonight." And there goes the tingles again.