⚜️ The Star Birthmark ⚜️

The first time he saw it, Dio hardly paid it any attention. It was when he saw that wench of a girl swimming together with his most undesired adopted brother. He caught but a glimpse of it, not thinking more about it. He was too busy to properly look; too busy to find a way to get the girl out of the picture.

He couldn't have the spoiled Joestar heir happy, could he?

***

The second time, and the two were older. It was in the loud locker room, after rugby training. Dio stole a glance of his unwanted brother - like he found himself often doing - and Jonathan just happened to be changing. Dio's eyes roamed the muscled back as it was exposed, and stopped in the nape.

A Star?

Indeed, on the tan skin of his nape there rest a star.

How curious, Dio thought as he tore his eyes away with more difficulty than he would've liked to admit.

***

Times after seeing that star the blond had become so intrigued with, Dio (finally) had to pleasure to run his tongue against it. Jonathan, his most gorgeous body, shivered against Dio's own.

"Sensitive?" Dio chuckled, teeth gracing in the lighter patch of skin.

Jonathan gasped, feeling Dio bite at his birthmark.

"A bit..."

Kissing it one last time, Dio left the star alone.

"Let's find out about your other sensitive places, JoJo."

He wanted to explore; to know them all.

For an entire night, Jonathan let him.

***

Dio saw it again when they were fighting.

The fact that Jonathan announced he was going to kill Dio for revenge statisfies him to no end. Because really, Dio had pushed and pushed and the Joestar finally showed some the dark, bitter things that lured in every man's heart instead of the endless warmth Dio had seen in his youth.

Revenge... Yes, that sounded good, he thought as his eyes fixated briefly on the star that peaked from under the man's blue top.

No reason looking at it now - the other would fall to his death very soon.

***

Now, Dio laughs softly in front of the mirror as his fingertips brush against the star.

Along with the body of his enemy, the star in his nape now belonged to Dio. He strokes softly at it, humming to not entirely himself.

"Sensitive as ever, I see."

And when his painted nails dig into his own skin, where he knows the birthmark lay, he lets out a grunt.

"Can you feel it? ...Jonathan."

Of course, there is no answer.

For Dio had ultimately won, so many years ago.

The silence his questions to the dead are treated with doesn't bother him in the least.