⚜️ LittleSpace ⚜️

Dio let out a frustrated sigh as he looked over his work. He hadn't taken a break and he only had a few more days to get it all done. Law was something the blonde usually enjoyed studying, but the stack of assignments on his deck only made his head ache when he glanced over to them.
Amber eyes had tears gently prick their sides as Dio let out a sniffle. It was unusual for him to be so overwhelmed, he was usually fine. But this was simply too much to handle at one time. The rare times he felt this way, he just wanted his mother. He felt ridiculous wiping at his face with his sleeve, tears beginning to run down his cheeks as he bit his bottom lip in an attempt to stifle his crying. He only got more frustrated as he couldn't contain his sniffles and cries, the only thought that wasn't muddled stress in his mind was that he wanted his mum.

Jonathan peeked inside the room, a bit of a frown forming on his face as he saw Dio in this state. He heard the other male's crying from the hall, and he simply hoped nothing was the matter. But something was. "Dio...? Is something the matter... ?"Jonathan questioned softly, his concern obvious in his tone.
" 'M fine! J-Just leave me alone, Jojo!"Dio retorted, still struggling to contain his sniffles and cries while he wiped at his face. Everything felt a bit fuzzy when this happened, like he could let out his emotions and be vulnerable. But Dio didn't enjoy the vulnerability. Dio didn't want to show how he felt. He was meant to be strong mentally, always have the upper hand, to keep his cool composure-
His frustrated thoughts were interrupted by a gentle hug from behind. "I know you don't like...affection...I'm sorry,"the taller boy mumbled, squeezing only a little tighter. It was hard to hug Dio, considering the chair he was seated in was a bit in the way, but he wasn't sure what else to do. Dio pulled his slightly damp sleeve away from his face, usually fiery eyes softer as he looked back at the other. The blonde leaned back a little, allowing Jonathan to hug him as he hiccuped softly. He wouldn't admit it, but Jonathan's warm touch made him feel a lot better.
"Th-Thank you... "Dio whispered softly, still hiccuping and sniffling a bit. Something about the way he said that was.. Softer, sweeter than Dio had ever been towards Jonathan before. The taller gently smiled at those words, pulling away and sitting on the edge of Dio's bed. The blonde whined softly when Jonathan pulled away, pouting a little. It took him a moment, but Dio stood, still wiping at his eyes. It reminded Jonathan a bit of when he was a small child, waiting at his father's doorway after having a nightmare or waiting for the man's attention when something upset him greatly.
"Yes, Dio?"he asked, tilting his head a little as he watched the blonde. Dio shifted on his feet a little, looking down rather shyly.
"C-Can..."he looked a bit embarrassed as he asked,"Can I sit in your lap... ?". Jonathan was a bit taken aback by the question, but nodded a yes to him. If that's what Dio needed to feel better, he was glad to provide. It was a bit awkward at first, mostly due to the fact both of them were over six feet tall and Dio's long legs made it a bit difficult to get comfortable.The blonde got comfortable in his lap despite that, clinging to Jonathan with a tight hug. His eyes were partially closed as he cuddled into Jonathan's wide chest, soft breaths somewhat audible as he was visibly content. The blue haired man smiled a little, an arm draped around Dio with his free hand gently rubbing the other's back.
The longer he stayed there, he seemed to drift off into sleep more and more, taking one arm off Jonathan, his thumb from that hand pressing against his lip with his eyes hardly open.

"Dio...Dio.. Dio, are you asleep?"Jonathan softly questioned, nudging the other gently. He nudged a little harder and Dio suddenly shot back awake.
"N-no, papa!"he replied without thought, his pale face flushing brightly once he registered what he let slip out. Jonathan's cheeks flushed lightly at being called that, but that was when it finally clicked as to why Dio was acting how he was. He looked away from Jonathan, his face red, cheeks puffed out slightly like a frustrated child. "You best not tell a soul, Jonathan! I-it's shameful enough having been in your lap!"Dio exclaimed. But it was obvious he was only trying to sound big, to sound serious.
"Dio, there's nothing to be ashamed of! I think I've read a bit about this, just.. I've never seen someone regress in person before... "he replied, the last part a bit mumbly. Dio only puffed out his cheeks more and huffed.
"Y-you're only saying that! You don't have to lie to me!"he huffed out, still not looking at the other man. Jonathan pressed a gentle kiss to Dio's head as he began to rub his back once more.
"I promise I wouldn't lie to you, Dio! You're safe with me, little one.. I promise, "he said the second half a bit softer, giving the blonde a gentle smile. For some reason, being called that just made Dio feel.. At ease.
"Better not be..."Dio mumbled. He shifted a bit to get comfortable again, resting his head on Jonathan's chest again as his thumb rested lazily near the edge of his mouth. His eyes slowly began to close again, already nodding off to sleep.

Perhaps next time he needed to be little... Jonathan would be his papa again.