⚜️ Together ⚜️

Merman Dio Time 🧜‍♂️

The nightly walk Jonathan took on the beach was the single most important time of his day whenever he chose to go down. Some might suggest he enjoys the breeze upon his cheek, or that he enjoys the star dotted skies that reflected off the water's surface, or the way the water lapped at his legs, cool, wetting the grains of sand beneath his toes, coarse.

But they would all be wrong.

The reason Jonathan calls his nightly walks on the beach the most important time of his day is because of the blonde haired man who would be by his side during that time.

Dio Brando would swim in the ocean, careful to not allow his Jonathan to trek too deep and drown. He was content to pretend they were walking or swimming side by side even though their differing appendages would never allow for such a thing to happen. His silver tail swished back and forth moving him forward but his golden eyes would be transfixed upon Jonathan as they travelled down the beach to the cove where the ocean met the cliffside.

Under cover of the rocks and hidden away, the two lovers could finally bring themselves closer to one another. JoJo sat on the edge of cliff side, legs dangling in the water, and Dio would swim up close to him, leaning his human half over the side of the rocks, often leaving his head on JoJo's lap, allowing the other to run his hands through his sea salt slicked hair.

The moonlight bounced off the waves almost giving the scene a fairytale like quality to their meeting - though JoJo would argue that their love was that of a fairytale, the only thing missing was the chance for the two of them to be together forever, and no longer bound to either earth or sea but free to live in both.

Dio's earfins fluttered with pleasure as Jonathan stroked his head gently, whispering words of praise to Dio intermittently as he did so. "You're so gorgeous.", "Your scales are so pretty.", "I love you." and more all said in the time they got to spend together. They had to make the most of their time spent together - no one could know, it would put them both in danger for different reasons but all just as scary as the others.

"Kiss me." Dio said, head lifted from JoJo's lap and his arms pushing him up closer to his lover's face as far as he could get. Jonathan met Dio half way, pressing his lips to Dio's. Or at least, that's what he intended to do. The dark impeded his sight enough to set him off course slightly, meaning he instead kissed Dio on the bridge of his nose. He let out a soft laugh at his mistake then kissed again, this time meeting the target he was been aiming for.

The taste of salt lingered on Dio's lips from the water and the taste of the hot chocolate JoJo had before leaving his house was still there for Dio to taste as they shared their first kiss of the night. JoJo's hand lifted to trace the gills that lined the side of Dio's neck - thumb rubbing over the edge of the most sensitive upper most slit.

As they pulled away from eachother, Dio ducked down under the water again, his figure blurred under the ripples of the water and hidden by the low light of the night. JoJo smiled as he shook his head at the reaction of his boyfriend, his hand dipping under the water, held out for Dio to take.

"I'm sorry, dear, it slipped my mind." His apology was interrupted by his laughter which he couldn't hold back when he saw the stream of bubbles rising to the surface of the water. Dio's head partially raised itself above the water, his hair wet again and sticking to the sides of his face as he breached the surface.

"You bloody well know not to tease me when we have such limited time, JoJo." His words were half gurgled as his mouth sat at the waters surface, and, even though Dio wasn't the kind to openly pout, the complaint leant itself towards that childish kind of tone of voice. He placed his hand atop JoJo's intertwining their fingers firmly as he continued to speak. "Really, it would be good of me to swim away home and leave you here tonight if you wish to be sophomoric in your actions."

JoJo squeezed his hand.

"I really didn't mean to, Dio. I've missed you this past week." It was with a heavy heart that JoJo had stayed away from Dio for so long, but he had work that could no longer be ignored, and he had resolved to not see Dio for a month in order to finish said work. Of course, he had grown sick of not seeing Dio for so long and had left a message in a bottle for him on the surface of the cove rocks for the two of them to meet not even a week later - hence why they were together despite the month not being up.

It wasn't that he enjoyed his work, but it was difficult to concentrate when his house was no longer his home because home is where the heart is and Dio would always possess his heart in every way possible.

"Who wouldn't miss me. I knew you'd come back to see me sooner rather than later." Dio scoffed bringing himself up and out of the water as he had been not minutes before. His hand clasped JoJo's tighter for a moment before letting go and returning to him to push back his soaking wet hair. " I missed you too." He admitted, resting his head on JoJo's lap again.

Surrounded by silence if not for the smacking of waves against the water's surface and the rocks of the cove, they didn't speak again. They returned to the intimacy of being beside each other, no more words needed to make their feelings any more clear than they already were.

Moonrays glimmered across the waves, the whisper of the wind sent shivers across their damp skin, and the content humming of Dio was all JoJo wanted to pay attention to for the short time they still had together. He knew he had to return to his house, rest, and get ready to work the next day, but he wanted to enjoy himself.

He wanted to enjoy the tranquility of it all and let his fatigue wash away with Dio's song and the ocean.