⚜️ Learn more about You ⚜️

"I want to learn more about you."

The words suddenly hit Jonathan; the moment they crossed his mind, he could not stop them from tumbling out of his mouth.

Dio did not respond at first. Tapping the pen in his hand against the paper, he watched ink seep into the pure white. He donned a careful smile, turning to face Jonathan. "What are you talking about, Jojo?" The smile did not reach his eyes-- eyes on guard that watched Jonathan with an intent the other couldn't understand.

Jonathan struggled to respond. "Ah, well... I apologize, that just came out all of a sudden." He pressed a couple fingers to his lips, as if questioning their outburst. But he could not shake the intrigue he now had towards Dio, curiosity left in the wake of his own words.

Who was Dio Brando?

Jonathan truly didn't know. He was clueless about the life Dio led before his father had welcomed him into the family; all he knew was that Dio's actual father had died of illness, which was why he had come here in the first place.
He supposed that perhaps Dio did not find his past important, but Jonathan honestly could not find that to be the case. After all, who didn't find their own upbringing important?
Jonathan could only come to the conclusion that Dio had something to hide. If not something to hide, exactly, then it was something he was at least reluctant to let others know. Being the boy he was, this thought spiked his yearning for knowledge even further.

"I see. Well, Jojo, if you mean to actually ask me something specific, I may be willing to take the time to respond." The ire in his voice was clear, a warning to not continue the conversation. Jonathan knew this-- after living with Dio for over a year, how could he not? Despite this, his piqued interest foraged on, hungry for the truth of the boy in front of him.

"More specific? Then..." Jonathan thought for a moment. "Where did you grow up? And what was it like there? You're really not like anyone I've ever met, so I don't think you're from around here, at the very least."

Dio sighed irritably. He looked terribly inconvenienced by this entire conversation, but Jonathan didn't want to stop if Dio was willing to speak. "Surely you've already heard that I'm from London. Or are you that dense, Jojo?"

The jab didn't seem to faze Jonathan's interest. Instead, he only replied, "London is quite a big place, though. Where exactly? It wouldn't hurt you to be more specific, Dio." Proud of his slight turning of the tables, Jonathan tried on a smirk that didn't fit his face, propping up his elbow on the table.

A small 'tch' escaped from Dio's mouth before he responded. This Jonathan was ridiculous. "The East End-- and it is as terrible as they say. Does that satisfy you?"

With a small hesitation, Jonathan nodded. To get anything like this from Dio was worth something. He'd have to research this place more later; it was a bit embarrassing, but Jonathan really didn't know much outside of his hometown.
This was probably the best he could do. If he was lucky, he might be able to get something out of his father, but Jonathan didn't count on it. He felt that this was enough anyways, for Dio.
Thinking on it now, he felt a bit ashamed of being this forceful, even with Dio. Was it truly gentlemanly to essentially coerce a reluctant person to speak on their past? Jonathan wasn't sure, even if it was in the innocent pursuit of knowledge. He turned away from Dio, leaving the boy to whatever occupied him.

"No, that's... even telling me you were from London was good enough. I'm sorry for prying your private life. Please excuse me, Dio."

As he got up to leave, he caught Dio's brow furrowing in the corner of his eye. For a short second, he looked as though he had something to say, but he directed his gaze from Jonathan back to his pen and paper, squashing the possibility of further conversation.

More than anything, Jonathan wanted to know Dio. Who was the boy now part of his family, that awed and impressed and outshined Jonathan himself? He could only guess. But someday, Jonathan hoped that he would be fortunate enough to learn.