⚜️ Favor ⚜️

The day was a bit out of ordinary. Dio was doing things in his usual manner trying to slightly drive Jonathan mad. Nothing special. But it seemed to Jonathan that the whole day was worse than usual since even luck wasn't on his side this time. He slipped twice on the floor, almost fell from the stairs and lost his favourite handkerchief. His first thought was that it was Dio. However, the blond's alibi was too good: he stayed in the manner while Jojo went on a stroll in the park where he had lost it. Definitely not Joestar's day.

On top of it, he was a way too distracted because he couldn't concentrate due to the circumstances and wasn't able to answer several questions about history his father asked him. He even had time to prepare but still.
Dio was there again knowing the answers. And no wonder Jorge told his son how he should look up to Dio, learn manners and study harder. What made things worse was that there was Dio listening to this all and nodding and grinning and giving that look to him. That was awful.
Jonathan was just tired of it.

So while supper Jonathan felt more annoyed that he would on a normal day. He was thinking about the day over and over again and wondering why such small things upset him that bad. He wanted to pick his glass of wine but it slipped right out of his fingers. A big red spot appeared on the tablecloth.

- Fuck, - whispered Jonathan a way too loud so every member of his family could hear. Having understood WHAT he had said he looked at his father with embarrassment and a bit of fear. Jorge's eyes grew wide and he was to speak up his mind and his thoughts about Jonathan's bad behaviour. If it wasn't for Dio. He gave one of his most surprised looks, stared at Jonathan and exclaimed:

- Where, the fuck, do you learn such words, Jojo?!

Silence. All Jorge wanted to say got stuck in the throat. A minute of confusion was enough for Dio to get around the table, clatch Jonathan's hand and pull him out of the room.

- Wait, what? - asked Jojo as soon as he managed to figure out what had just happened. Dio said a bad word. In front of their father. Not accidentally as Jonatha did. Just to help him?

- Doing you a favour, - replied Dio, - father was already upset today because of you, your swearing while dinner could turn out too bad for you.

Dio wasn't looking at Jonathan. He was standing by the window and the golden light of the sun reflected in his eyes and hair. It seemed that the boy was really interested in what was happening in the garden but he was watching Jojo's reaction.

- T-thank you, but don't you think that'd cause troubles for both of us?

The blonde grinned.

- You think me, Dio, would get into trouble with you?

He asked it in a determined way but his voice was less convincing than usually.

"You have already done it", - thought Jojo and prefered to keep his thoughts to himself.

Dio crossed the room and took a blanket. It was getting colder. Jonathan didn't understand what he was up to but he simply wanted to trust Dio. The situation was evidently weird and uneasy, still Jonathat believed in Dio's abilities and just followed him.

Today's dinner now seemed fun to Jojo. He never thought that it would be so peaceful to be on one side with Dio.

The blonde was almost to leave the room they were hiding in when he stopped and pointed to the window.

- Isn't it your handkerchief lying near the apple tree?

Jonathat looked at the ground near the tree and there his lost thing was.

- It's mine! Thank you, Dio!

Jojo smiled brightly and Dio slightly smiled back. In a sincere way, noticed Jonathan to his surprise.

- Hurry up. We'll pick it up later, Jojo.

The floor gently creaked as they stepped and their shadows were on the walls in the sunlight. Jonathan felt ridiculously good. The October evening was surprisingly fine and Dio seemed to like it as well. They both couldn't help smiling and walked closer to each other than thay had always done. Jonathan didn't know where they were going but it didn't matter to him.

That has been the sweetest day recently for both of them.