⚜️ Sick ⚜️

Ever since Dio accidentally tripped him, only for him to fall into a "mud" pile in the street during their walk to a local bakery, Jonathan has felt extremely overheated and light-headed. He had chosen to ignore it though, and to only mention it to a maid in favor of obtaining some herbal tea for his dizziness. The tea did help somewhat, though this sensation that he was just quite too hot never went away. Regardless, he ignored it and went out to play with Danny by the creek.

After an hour of said playing, he could not properly walk without stumbling, his vision swimming. He decided that surely something must be wrong and that he should get home immediately. It proved to be a struggle to make it back simply because he felt like he would fall over or vomit at any moment. It took some time to reach the front doors, but once he does, he slowly pushed one of the doors open to find Dio striding up to the entrance while fixing the cuff to his dress shirt. He does pause upon seeing the flushed, panting Jonathan. A smirk graces his face.

"Looking rather breathless, Jojo. Did you wear yourself out running around with that mutt?"

"Mnn... Hhhhot," Jonathan slurs, stumbling closer to the other boy. Dio arches a brow and looks him up and down, taking notice of how disheveled the boy is. Jonathan takes another step forward before Dio could conceive a proper response and that single step manages to trip him. Then he's tumbling forward towards an alarmed Dio. Dio throws his arms out with a startled look flashing across his typically schooled face. What in the hell is wrong with Jojo?

It takes some strength to prevent the both of them to collapse like a bunch of morons to the floor, but Dio manages to support Jonathan's deadweight with an annoyed grunt and tight grasps of Jonathan's sides. Looking down at the unconscious boy in his arms, Dio eyes his flushed face and fallen open mouth with an agitated gaze. Sighing, he readjusts his hold on the other and mutters, almost fondly, "It is only expected that you overexert yourself, Jojo. You know no limitations."

He then calls for a maid to help him with this idiot.

The first thing Jonathan processes upon coming to a gradual consciousness is that he feels so terribly weak. And his entire body aches. Sluggishly blinking, he looks over to see Dio standing at the doorway, leaning against the frame of it with a hand propped on his side. He still wore his handsome day outfit, rather than his leisure clothes that he tends to wear around the house.

"You fainted and fell into my arms, Jojo. If you longed for my attention so dearly, you needn't go to such ridiculous extremes," the blonde says mockingly as a greeting, before he stands from the door frame and casually strolls up to Jonathan's bedside. His piercing golden eyes fix down on Jonathan's weak, doe-like ones.

"Ah, I apologize for that, Dio."

He overlooks Dio's teasing, which has Dio smirking faintly.

"You're not to blame for becoming ill. You had no intention to faint, so an apology is unnecessary."

Rather merciful of him. Next time, he'll make sure he isn't. He rolls his eyes at his own kindness. Jonathan doesn't deserve him. (And it's not like he intended to get Jonathan ill after tripping him into that... mud.)

Jonathan smiles weakly. That nearly makes up for his mistake of being nice. Dio swallows hard and stares until it fades away. Jonathan blinks slowly and then melts back into his feather pillows, letting out a soft, pained noise as if he had a headache. That encourages Dio to step a little closer and ask with an unintentionally softened tone, "Would you like me to get the maids to fetch you anything?"

Damn it, Dio. Stop being so wonderfully kind to your awful "brother". He mentally scolds himself, but cannot help it when he sees Jonathan so weak, so vulnerable, so... Delectable. Jonathan licks his dry lips, Dio's eyes narrowing and following the motion, before he nods weakly and clutches his quilts closer to himself.

"Yes, please. Water sounds just marvelous. And maybe a book... For later. A-And any tea that could perhaps rid of this dreadful headache?"

Dio nods and then makes his leave.

Once he's halfway down the hall towards the maids' quarters, he pauses.

No one should be allowed to see Jonathan that beautifully pathetic. He must keep this for himself. He turns back around and makes his way towards the kitchen. Maybe he could fetch the boy the water himself.

With wicked underlying intention, of course.