⚜️ Go Ahead ⚜️

Dio's little game started off innocently enough, it was a sunny Saturday afternoon and Dio and Jonathan were lazing around in Jonathan's room after some less lazy activities. Dio's head was pressed to Jonathan's chest, their arms around each other, their legs in tangles. Moments ago Jonathan had tried to look for the sheets to cover them to create at least some semblance of decency, but Dio had pulled him back down immediately when he noticed the bluenet tried to stand up, reassuring that it didn't matter and that he would leave if he even thought of getting up again.

The combination of the rays of sunlight on their naked bodies and the heat shared between them was enough to keep them warm enough anyway.

"I love you," Dio had whispered, tone so quiet that he himself wasn't even sure if he said it out loud or not.

Jonathan hummed, a moment of silence passed before he cracked open an eye, blue meeting gold, "Sorry, did you say something, Dio?" Jonathan asked, mind clearly still miles away.

Dio simply shook his head, lips forming into a grin as he curled back into Jonathan's side, fingers lightly grazing over the bare skin of Jonathan's sunkissed chest. His totally devious plan was already forming in his head; he would see just how many times he could tell the other that he loved him without the dunce noticing. Dio wasn't one of grand declarations of love and he thought saying the words out loud didn't make things more official. He showed his care through actions and a listening ear whenever needed. But quietly telling his Jojo that he loved him without him ever noticing? That could be entertaining.

--

The next day Dio had woken up early, still snuggled next to Jonathan. His golden eyes focused on the still sleeping bluenet, and he couldn't stop the soft smile from forming on his lips. After a moment of quietly adoring the sleeping man, he leaned up, pressing a soft kiss to Jonathan's forehead before carefully extracting himself from the bluenet's arms that were locked around him. Jonathan was like a bear claw in his sleep, arms and legs locked around him. But luckily he also slept like a rock at the bottom of an ocean.

After taking a long morning bath, Dio made his way downstairs, on any other day the staff would already be ready with breakfast, but on this particular weekend, it was thinned out. Half of them were still away for a training, and Dio specifically requested the other half wouldn't be up and about for another hour. Dio wanted to be alone with Jonathan for once, and while he wasn't exactly a great cook, he could do breakfast

After finishing his own breakfast he heard a particular loud someone walking down the stairs, taking this as his cue, he got up and started to prepare some eggs for said loud person. He heard a mumbled 'good morning' before warm muscular arms wrapped around his waist, Dio felt lucky he was prepared for this because Jonathan just about leaned his entire weight on him. Dio managed to turn halfway in the other's grasp, "I love you," he said quietly, and when he noticed no change in the other's demeanour, he turned back, "I, Dio, made you some breakfast," he started, and feeling daring, he followed it up with another, slightly quieter, "because I really love you." He knew Jonathan would always take at least an hour to really wake up after getting onto his feet anyway.

Jonathan made a soft noise of acknowledgement, squeezing the breath out of the blond man that made him groan in response before Jonathan moved his tired body over to a chair at the large dining table.

Dio quickly finished up the simple breakfast he made for the other, placing it on the table in front of him. Jonathan made another noise of acknowledgement, this time a bit higher-pitched as he grabbed the utensils and shovelling it into his mouth. Dio could only smile and assume the breakfast was good enough as he went over to pour his tea. From this distance, he said it again, but a little louder than last time, "I love you, Jojo." Jonathan, however, didn't seem to notice as he just continued eating.

--

Eventually, both of them ended up doing different things, Dio planned to go out to get a new suit measured. And Jonathan was headed for the library, continuing his research of the ancient mask that had been a mystery to both of them. As Dio got ready to head out the bluenet was excitedly rambling about the stone mask, so excitedly that he didn't notice the fond smile on Dio's lips as he managed to say another 'I love you' without him noticing.

--

The hours flew by faster than either of them noticed, and Dio almost had to physically drag Jojo from the library just to get some sustenance in him, knowing he must've skipped lunch altogether.

Jonathan was still chewing on his last bite of food as he got up, already starting up again about his research and the mask, but Dio already anticipated this, quickly reaching out and clamping his hand around the bluenet's wrist, "Jojo no, I need attention."

Jonathan tried to change Dio's mind, rambling about how he was so close to a discovery, but Dio only had to cross his arms and pout for him to sigh and agree anyway.

--

They settled comfortably on the couch, Jonathan was lounging back with Dio between his legs, two cups of tea close by.

"I love you.." Dio whispered, looking straight into those deep blues of Jonathan's eyes, and this time Dio was sure that Jonathan heard because his smile turned so bright he almost had to turn away.

"I love you too!" Jonathan said, much louder than Dio ever could manage. Jonathan hummed as he gently pulled Dio's chin up with a single digit to press a chaste kiss to the blond's lips. "But I have to ask, you've been saying that a lot today, why is that? I know you love me, Dio."

Dio could only stare incredulously at the other man, mouth agape. Flush rising and it easily seen on his much paler skin. After a moment of silence, Dio just huffed and pressed another kiss to the bluenet's lips to hide the other's blinding smile.