Thanksgiving Day

-Kevin P.O.V.-

[Dad]

Hey, Bud. I can't make it this year. They screwed up my vacation times. Sorry I can't be there.

Really..

I threw my phone to the end of my queen sized bed from where I was laying. I didn't want to look at those cruel words anymore. What I really wanted to do was throw a fit, trash the house, put holes threw the wall, because I was so pissed, but I knew I couldn't. I can't change anything.

I looked out the window to the right of me, so I could clear my mind. What I see is Edd attempting to carry what looked like eight bags of food and ingredients from his small car to his house.

He definitely needs help.

I quickly ran downstairs to put on my shoes and jacket then go out and help the dork.

-Edd P.O.V.-

I juggled the bags in my hands and arms to keep them from falling.

Let's try to do this all in one trip. It's quite chilly out here.

As I walk up the driveway, I feel a bag starting to slip from between my arm and my chest.

Oh dear!

The bag finally fell and I closed my eyes, not wanting to see it hit the ground. But I didn't hear a sound of impact. I look down to see why I didn't hear anything and Instead I see a muscular, tanned, slightly freckled, hand holding on to the handles of the bag, suspending it in midair.

"If you needed help, you could have just asked, Babe." Kevin said to me.

I look up to see a lovely smile of kindness upon his face, which caused me to blush a little bit.

"Here, let me take some." He says, pulling some bags out of my arms effortlessly.

"Thank you." I mumble to him.

"No prob'." He says, before giving me a quick kiss.

This is so embarrassing.

We walk up the driveway and enter the house. We put the bags down on the kitchen table, glad to get rid of that extra weight.

"Hey Babe?" Kevin calls out to me.

"Yes?" I respond, starting to put the food away in their respectable places.

"When is ya folks gettin' here?" He asked.

I look up at the clock and see that it was 2:30.

"Oh good lord! I need to start cooking, they're going to be here at 4!" I said in a worry.

"Do you mind if I help?" He asks calmly, obviously seeing how skittish I am.

I go over to the bags on the table and pull out the fish and put them in a hot bath, to start thawing them out.

"Don't ya usually eat meat on Thanksgiving? Like turkey and ham?" He asks me.

"Well yes, most people do. But my family is pescetarian. We eat fish instead of meat." I say, turning around to him, seeing the confused look on his face. "It's a health thing." I say.

He shook his head, understanding the unusual way of life I live.

-Kevin P.O.V.-

I looked around, wondering what it is I can do for him and then all of a sudden he starts calling out orders. Like, 'Hey Kevin, can you cut up the carrots?' or 'Chop the cabbage smaller.' or 'No no, the oven needs to be on 350 degrees.' He was a bit bossy and sassy, but I kinda liked it. It turned me on to see him take control. Just as everything was about 10-15 minutes away from being set and done, we hear the from door open.