I Will Protect You

-Edd P.O.V.-

After I let Kevin sleep for a couple of hours, we went back to my house for further treatment on the rest of his body. I have more equipment at my home than the school could provide for his injuries. After that, he was all fixed up and he went back to his house to sleep for the rest of the weekend. It made me happy to provide a service to someone in need. Or just have an excuse to touch Kevin. One of the two.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

-Monday morning-

I rummage through my stuff at my locker to get what I needed for the next two classes. I glance over to see Kevin looking down at me causing me to jump.

"My word, Kevin! Don't sneak up on me like that. How long have you been standing there?"

"About a minute. You're pretty cute when you're concentrated on what you're doing." He smirks at me.

I blush.

"But I gotta ask ya somethin'." His smirk falls to a frown.

"What is it?" I ask him.

"Have ya noticed anything weird?" He says cautiously, looking around.

"What do you mean?"

"Like people looking at you weird or getting quiet when you walk near them?"

"I don't really pay attention to the other people around me, but uh..", I look around to the people who are indeed looking at us, "I guess I see what you mean." I look back a Kevin, seeming to be worried.

"Somethin's going on and I don't like it."

"Do you believe it has to do with the physical altercation Saturday morning?" I ask him.

"Definitely. Some words must have been spread and something bad might happen."

"Are you sure.. I mean-"

"I'm sure, Edd. I'm taking you home today on my motorcycle. I don't need you getting jumped."

"Its fine, Kevin. I'm sure I'll be alright." I say, waving my hands in the air.

"No." He took my hands in his. "I'm taking you home. I'm not letting you get hurt."

"2 Minutes to get to class! 2 Minutes!" The loud speaker announced, interrupting our conversation.

"Meet me here at the end of the day, alright." He says firmly.

"Okay. I will be here."

"I'm not letting anyone hurt you." He murmurs before kissing me on the forehead and running off to his next class.

I quickly run to my next class with the biggest smile plastered on my face.

He cares so much about me.

-Kevin P.O.V.-

The teacher is blabbing about English and I can't pay attention. I'm so worried about Edd.

What if someone hurts him in his class. I could never forgive myself.

A girl next to me drops her pencil, snapping me out of my worrisome mind. I lean over and pick it up for her.

"Here ya go." I say, holding the pencil out for her.

She hesitates to take it, like it was some life decision.

"Uh, thanks." She murmurs, taking the pencil and then looking away from me.

That was weird...