Heart Rate

-Kevin P.O.V.-

I don't remember much. It all happened so fast. One moment I was pissed as hell, another moment I was in the hallway with Edd, and then everything faded to black. I start to wake up a little bit to find myself in a dark room. Not completely dark, but it's pretty dim. I was laying on a gurney, bandages are wrapped around my fists and head. Some of them were covered in blood, both old and recent.

What happened?

I touch my head without thinking and what a mistake that was, immediate pain shot to my head. I wince a bit and slowly put my hand back down. I look around and see Edd at my far left of the room talking on the phone.

"Ja, Ja. Ich weiss. Ja. Gut. Ja. Danke, liebe dich, wiederhoren." (Yes, yes. I know. Yes. Good. Yes. thanks, love you, bye.) Edd ends the call.

He walks over to the gurney and sees that I'm awake.

"Wie(How)-uh, how are you feeling?" Asks Edd, a little skittish.

"Like shit." I laugh a little.

He smiles at me.

"Well that's what happens when you get into a fight." He says, starting to turn the monitor next to me.

"It was his fault." I mutter angrily.

He clamps something on my finger and pushes some buttons on the monitor.

"At least your heart rate is finally back to normal." He says, pushing even more buttons on the monitor, along with the beeping the machine was already making.

"You have no broken bones or sprains. But you do have a severe concussion, so I don't suggest moving around." He informs me.

"Alright." I say.

Edd sits down on the edge of the gurney.

"So, Kevin, please inform me of what this physical altercation was over." He folds his hands into his lap, staring at me, waiting for a response.

"Uh.." I start, looking everywhere else but at him. "Well, you see, uh, my football team aren't the best of people. And uh, when they find out something they don't like, they get a little violent." I stutter a lot.

"What information did they receive?" He asks me.

"That, I, uh, am in love with you." I blurt out the end.

-Edd P.O.V.-

Excuse me, what? Did he really say that?

"Wait, what did you say I didn't qu-ite get-t that." I stumble over my words, shaking my head.

Kevin rolls his eyes and grabs my shirt, pulling me into a kiss. After a moment of bliss, he breaks the kiss and looks into my eyes.

"Eddward, I said I'm in love with you." He whispers.

I just stare at him for a moment, realizing that all I ever wanted is coming to me. I feel tears run down my face. He looks at me, concerned.

"Edd, you okay?"

I smile and look down at his chest, wiping my tears and looking back up at him.

"It's just, what I have always desire for, has finally come to me." I say slowly.

"What do you mean?" Kevin asks me.

"It means, that I have always loved you, and now my feelings are being returned, so I'm crying tears of joy." I explain to him.

He reaches his hands up and wiped my tears off my face.

"Don't ruin that cute face with tears, Edd." Kevin smiles to me.

"I can't help it. All my emotions I held in are now coming out."

"Hey, hey." Kevin hushes me and rubs my face. "It's all okay, I accept your feelings."

He starts to sit up and that sends worry through my body.

"Kevin you really shouldn't s-" he cuts me off with a kiss.

"I'm fine, don't worry." he says before kissing me again, snaking his arms around my waist.

We kiss some more, hearing the heart rate monitor beep faster and faster from beside us. He breaks the kiss and rests his head on my chest.

"Kevin, you still haven't informed me about what caused the physical altercation." I mumbled.

"Well one of them saw us at the lake and didn't like what he saw, so he decided to let me have it." He explains like it was no big deal.

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. Hesitant at first, but then feeling more comfortable with it.

"Kevin, I didn't mean to cause you this pain." I sigh, trying not to cry again.

"It isn't your fault, Edd. They don't like the fact that I'm gay. And they don't understand that this is who I am and I can't help it." He says sadly.

"so seems they are homophobic?" I question him.

"The most homophobic people you can find."

That made my heart race with even more worry.

"Well, that's a shame."

"But I don't care what they think. Even though a specific asshole thinks I should."

I breathe in his scent.

I'm glad he believes in himself.

I hug him tighter, he must be going through more than what he's saying.

"Edd?"

"Yes?"

"Why did you wait for me?"

What a deep question.

"I'm not exactly sure, Kevin. I only dreamed of this moment, i have never thought it would happen."

"Well I'm glad you waited." He nuzzles himself into my chest. "You saved me. And not just from my team, but from myself. You give me hope, Edd."

I just hugged him more and let the silent tears stream down my face.

How can something so beautiful on the outside be so broken on the inside?

"Ich liebe dich." (I love you) I whisper to him. But before I knew it, he was asleep in my arms.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ANOTHER UPDATE IN LIKE ONLY 3 DAYS. I THINK YES. Lately I've been on a role with this, although the chapters have been getting shorter... But don't worry they'll be getting longer soon. So I realized that there is a section where I can put the cast of this story and I found my version of a real life Kevin and Edd. Edd is Logan Lerman and Kevin is CHANNING FUCKING TATUM. NO REGRETS AH. Okay, something about him and the way he acts in most movies and the way he looks, just screams Kevin, although he doesn't have red hair... and maybe the fact that I just got finished watching 22 Jump Street... Amazing movie by the way. Oh, and I will be using a line from that movie in one of these chapters, I hope someone finds it. And with Logan as Edd, I just wanted to find a person that would look like a real life Edd and he just does. To his jet black hair to his cyan blue eyes and lean body. Just. Like. Edd. Slap a hat on him and he's Edd.

Next chapter: How will it be coming back to school? Will they be harassed again? Will anyone else know? Will they finally become a couple?