Christmas Eve Part 3

-Kevin P.O.V.-

Eddward's family set out two chairs in the living room that was in front of the Christmas tree and across from the sitting area for Eddward and I.

Eddward rubs his hands around his neck and face anxiously.

"Mother, is this really necessary?" He questions her.

His mother swirls the remaining wine in her 4th glass like she's some stereotypical villain in a movie coming up with a clever response.

"Well of course, my dear. How else is the family going to get to know your fine man?" She asks.

"You hear that, Eddward? I'm a fine man." I say with a chuckle and wiggling my eye brows.

Eddward's face starts to glow red and he calmly sits down in one of the two seats.

I'm so awful for teasing him, but I love it.

I sit down next to him and wrap my arm around the back of his chair.

"So, who wants to start?" I ask the group, which primarily consisted of the adults in the family. Ed and Eddy kept the kids busy in a different room which we could hear faint laughing playful screams from.

"Oh oh, where did you two meet?" His aunt Alke asks.

"Well, we've known each other since elementary school since I live right across the cul-de-sac," I say pointing out his front window, " but we weren't too close then." I respond to her.

"Who came onto who?" Asked one of his aunts on his father's side bluntly.

"I doubt my son came onto Kevin." His father said bluntly as well.

"Dad!" Eddward scolded his father in embarrassment.

"You never know, he could have gotten a little brave over the course of the years." His other aunt says, defending Eddward.

I rubbed Eddward's shoulder with my hand to try to comfort him.

"We actually kinda just came together. I didn't come onto him," well, technically I have if you know what I mean "and he didn't come onto me, we kinda just felt the connection." I say, defending our case.

"Aw, that's so sweet." Aunt Alke gushes.

She is just like Ed.

"What are your plans after high school, kevin?" Asks scary grandpa John.

"Umm.." I was lost for words. I didn't know what to say. I haven't been focusing on it much. And I have no idea what I want to do.

"He wants to become a history teacher." Eddward speaks for me.

Why did he lie for me?

"Oh, is that so? You know, Eddward, your great grandfather loved history and could tell you anything about the past, a very intelligent man" John says with an unnecessary sense of pride.

"Is that so, I wasn't aware." Eddward says, pretending to be interested.

As they continue to ask questions about our relationship, I notice his mother to be staring at me and analyzing what I say. I mean, everyone in the room is doing that, but her more than most. She doesn't look to be upset or angry with me, but more of flat look, just processing information. I start to feel uneasy so I excuse myself from the room to go shake off any uncomfortable feelings. I locate the nearest bathroom, which was a room right off of the kitchen and I throw some cold water onto my face to wake me up.

"Kevin, you got this." I whisper to my reflection in the mirror. "She's drunk it's just nothing.

-Edd P.O.V.-