Eds' Night

-Edd P.O.V.-

PEW PEW PEW! CRASH! BOOM! PLAYER ONE WINS! Echoed the television in the dark, dirty basement of Ed's home. Ed stood up and cheered to his victory.

"SockHead, you know this game like the back of your hand, and you lost to Ed three times! What is goin' on in your big head of yours?" Eddy asked me.

"I am just a little bit distracted, that is all." I say, trying not to show my distress.

"What's distracting you Double D? Lay it on me." Eddy says, putting his hands behind his head and leaning back in the bean bag chair he's sitting in.

"Uh, um." I mumble gibberish to myself.

"Come on! You can tell us anything." Eddy says with the biggest smile on his face.

"Fine," I say accepting my defeat at suppressing my thoughts,"I just can not stop thinking about Kevin." I say, looking away from the eds' staring at me.

"What about him? Did something happen?" Eddy asks.

"Well that is the problem, nothing has happened." I say, getting up from Ed's couch and start pacing the room.

"SockHead, don't start pacing, you know you end up stressing out when you do that."He says, rubbing his forehead.

"I cannot seem to help but think about him. He takes up a lot of my thought process throughout the day." I say, ignoring his comment and lean against the wall.

"Well what's going on?" He says, seeming pretty worried.

"Well, I would like something to happen but nothing is 'sparking', as they say, in our conversations." I say, feeling a little sad.

"How are you guys talking?" He asks me.

"Through cellular messaging, which I do not prefer, but as long as I get to talk to him."

"Ooooooo, what do you guys talk about?"

"Right now, just chemistry."

"Way to get my hopes up. I thought it would be something juicy."

"My nonexistent relationship with Kevin is not a television soap opera."

"Sorry sorry. Well what do you want out of him?"

"Well it is not that I want something out of him, I just do not know how to hint my attraction to him without scaring him away, since I do not completely know whether or not his attraction, if there is one, is anywhere in comparison to mine."

He thinks it over for a minute.

"Sorry, that was a lot of words that I had to go over that in my head. Uh, okay, well if I don't know if a girl likes me or not, then I guess I would start talking about other guys and see how she would react to them. Like if she gets excited about another guy, then I know she's not all that into me. I know I can't list all the guys but it gives me an idea, but you're not even sure he's even gay so I'm not exactly sure what to say." He says, starting to trail of into gibberish mumbles of some sort.

"Oh! Double D!" Ed says, very excited.

"What is it?" I respond.

"Why don't you just tell him how you feel?"

"Well Ed, I am afraid of his response to me."

"Well what's the worst that could happen?"

"The worst would be that, I would gross him out."

"Well if that happens, then we'll be here to make you feel better." He says with a beaming smile.

That really warmed my heart.