Welcome to Forks

'The day we met, frozen

'The day we met, frozen. I held my breath, right from the start. I knew that I found a home for my heart'

Driving down the street, inhaling the salty and damp Forks air as I park right outside my new house. It was small and homey and that's what I loved about it. 

Switching of the engine as I open the door and jump out before closing and turning to look at my new home.

Sighing, I walk towards the front door and swiftly unlock it. Pushing it open I enter and look around. 

Half of my furniture had already been moved inside, all I had to to do was unpack and that was seemingly easy with my ability's.

Spending only an hour bringing boxes and unpacking them, I now stand and look around the house, admiring my work. 

My house was just outside in the forest areas and there was only one house that was next to mine and it was 5 minutes down the road from mine.

I inhale the sight one more time before getting ready to go to the market. I didn't need to eat all the time, just thrice a week. 

People may wonder why I chose this area to live in and it was due to the fact that the forest was perfect for hunting. I could enter the forest just from my backyard.

I was brought out of my thoughts by the door bell. Wondering who could it be I rushed in a normal human speed to the door and opened to be greeted my a beautiful older woman. She had hazel brown hair and golden eyes and my senses kicked in. 

She was a vampire.

"Hello dear" she says

"Hi, how can I help you" I ask with a genuine smile. I read her thoughts, she had just come to greet me.

"Oh, I just came to greet our new neighbor. We live five minutes down the road." she states

"Oh that's so sweet, thank you very much for that" I say smiling

"No problem dear, anyway hope you enjoy Forks" she says getting ready to take her leave. Waving good bye as she walks to her car which was parked out I close the door and start tp think.

'She's a vampire. Are there more? Does she live with more? Have they sensed me? Do they think I'm human?' thoughts swirl in my head. 

I look out the window and smile as I notice the beautiful night sky. I hadn't known it was already dark so I decided to go to the store tomorrow after school. 

'Oh yeah tomorrow was the first day of junior year'  I think as I change into Pj's.  I move to my bedroom, and tuck myself in the covers, soon letting sleep consume me.

NEXT DAY