Strength

'I love you for a thousand more'

I jolted awake screaming "EDWARD".

Before I met Edward I used to get nightmares. But when I moved to Forks they all stopped coming making me relieved but ever since Edward left. It would always be flashes of memories with my loved ones and in the end the even that tore us apart.

That scared me. Reliving that moment when you lose the other half of you is the most cruel thing another person can do to you. And that's what he did to me. He promised yet he left.

Flashes of the moment he left me appear in my mind and I scream in pain at how that moment felt. My head started hurting as I continued to scream in anger, sadness, pain and loneliness.

"Why did you leave me" sobs erupted from my mouth as I ran to a wall and punched it hard creating a deep hole. I scream again and then just fall to my knees, screams and sobs escape my lips as I just stare at the floor.

The headache suddenly stops. I place my hand on my bed frame for support as I stand up. Looking at the forest through my window, I remember the place we were when he ripped a peace of me.

I started running down the stairs and out the door to the forest. Passing places that reminded me of the runs the two of us took. Running and suddenly stop, I reach the meadow. Our special place, the place he hurt me, the place my magic went haywire was deserted.

This was the damage caused by the heartbreak of that day. The pain, agony and sadness all inflicted death on the poor trees and grass and flowers.

I sigh and close my eyes, needing a moment. Suddenly a presence appears in front of me.

"Ember" Laurent's voice echoes in my mind.

"Laurent" I say, almost spitting the name out.

"I didn't expect to find you here. I went to visit Carlisle but the house was empty. I'm surprised they left you behind. Aren't you sort of a pet of there's" he says

"No actually" I say

"Do the Cullens, visit often?" he asks. A image of Edward appears in my mind.

'Lie' he says and I scoff

"Yes, absolutely. All the time" I say keeping on a blunt tone.

'Lie better' he says 

"Oh shut the fuck up Edward" I say out loud making Laurent confused but at this point I didn't care.

"I'll tell them you stopped by. Now may I ask? Why are you here" I ask giving a fake smile.

"I came here as a favor to Victoria. She asked me to see if you were still under the protection of the Cullens. You see Victoria feels its only fair to kill Edwards mate as Edward did hers. An eye for an eye" he says

"So your come here to kill me now?" I ask

"Yes and after all, even if Edward was your mate. Why would he leave you unprotected if he loved you" Laurent asks

"You know what, your right. I guess Edward doesn't love me. But your also wrong, cause he didn't leave me unprotected." I say opening my mouth wide to release my fangs.

I start running at lightning speed towards Laurent. I grabbed him by the hand and threw him towards a rock.

"He left because I was the threat" I say. 

Laurent recovers fast and comes running at me, he gets a punch in sending me flying back but I grab a hold of the dirt, stopping me from moving even more back. 

I look up at him and let out an animalistic growl. I start shaking violently before shifting and growling loudly. The fear present in Laurent's eyes was dripping as his eyes widened.

He starts to run and I start the catch. I admit that he was fast.

But I was faster.

Running for his life, me hot on his trail I'm finally am close enough to grab him. I get in position before pouncing on him. I push him down and we both stare. 

I grab him by the neck and with one sudden jolt, be head him. I toss the decapitated head aside as I stand up.

The palm of my hand soon lights up in flames as I touch the body.

"Quemadura" I say as the body starts to burn. 

Watching the flames devour the body I hear growling coming from beside the trees.

The pack emerges from the trees as the Sam in his wolf form steps up. I read his mind.

'you have completed the task for us, thank you' he says and I nod. The wolves start walking back into the forest, and I turn to go back to the meadow when I see  brown wolf.

"Jacob" I say out loud and he nods. He then follows his pack as they make there way back to the reservation.

I start the run back to the meadow and once I reached the dry, desert like place I put my hands on the ground.

"sanar" I say and soon plants start to sprout. Flowers form, as a few trees grow out.

I smile at this.

"Laurent was right, if you truly loved me you would have never left. I guess I was a fool for believing the empty promises you made me. Even if I may be angry I will never let the earth suffer the pain you caused me. 

This meadow before I healed it was a mere reflection of what I felt the day you left. But I don't blame you. I am a monster. I hope you find a mate who deserves you and doesn't risk you and your family's life" I say