Fate

'One step closer

'One step closer...'

We had just figured out that though my powers were dormant, the baby must've been craving blood all along. So as I sat on the sofa, drinking a large glass of blood as I relished the moment of peace, my hearing picked up the sound of Edward walking towards me.

"I'm sorry I've been so angry." Edward says, kneeling in front of the sofa.

"I would be, too." I say with a small sad smile.

"I've left you alone in this."

"Marriage" 

"Well, they say the first year is the hardest. What was that?" Edward jokes making me giggle. But I stop when I notice his face morphing into one of confusion and shock.

"What?" I ask

"I thought I just heard" He says, placing his hand over my stomach.

"Edward what's going on?" I ask

"He likes the sound of your voice" I freeze.

"You can hear him" I say, tears pooling at the corners of my eyes.

"And mine. He like's my voice as well" Edward says and I laugh in joy.

"What? What do you hear?"

"It's so strange. I thought he was like me, but he's not. He's like you. Good and pure. He's happy." Edward says with a soft smile and I nod in happiness.

"Of course you are. Of course you're happy. How could you not be? I love you so much. What do you hear now?" I smile into my stomach.

"He loves you, Ember" I sob at this.

"Oh, my gosh." I gasp, tears pouring down from my eyes as Edward lays a kiss on my belly.

TIME SKIP

Third person POV

Its night by now and Carlisle and Esme had gone to hunt leaving the Cullen children and Ember. Jake had arrived to inform them that their plan to distract most of the pack had worked.

"Hey. Are you okay?" Ember asks

"Yeah, it's not like I'm the one carrying a demon." Ember rolls her eyes at her friend.

"This is pretty important, Ember. Why don't you tell Jacob what you've decided?" Rosalie huffs.

"What now?" Jake asks, annoyed.

"Rose is trying to talk Ember out of her baby names." Edward teases.

"She hates them." Ember says

"Well, then I'm on your side no matter what you picked." Jake smiles and Ember laughs.

"They're not that bad. If it's a boy, EJ. Edward Jacob." Edward and Jacob smirk at the thought, their ego enlarging. 

"Okay, fine, that one's not awful. Why don't you tell him the girl's name?" Rose says

"Edward gave me permission to name the girl after one of my family members and I chose my mother's name. Emilia" Rose grumbles, knowing that thats a beautiful name even if it wasn't her choice.

"Too weird?" Ember comments on his expression.

"No, that's not too weird. It's beautiful. And it's unique, which certainly fits the situation. I like Emelia." Edward says, earning a peck from Ember.

"He likes it." Ember says as she leans down to sip her drink only for her back to suddenly beak, her hold on the cup failing as she screams in pain.

"Ahhhh" Ember screams, Edward and Jacob rushing to her as the other speedily run to prep the delivery place.