Hope

'Time stands still

'Time stands still. Beauty in all she is'

I looked up to meet the eyes of the person who spoke and came face to face with a girl my age. She had fiery red hair, pale skin and green eyes.

"Who are you?" I ask and internally facepalmed. That question sounded so cliche. The girl chuckled and walked forward.

"My names Hope Mikealson, and I'm the original tribrid" she says and my eyes widen. She's the girl from the book.

"How are yo-" I ask but am cut off.

"I'm not alive, I'm in the realm of the dead along with my family. You summoned me." she speaks. From my dumbfounded expression, she continued.

"The day before the final battle between me and a powerful witch named Beatrice, I created a place where future tribrids would be able to summon their powers from past holders. You see a tribrid witch isn't like any normal witch. When they die, instead of their magic going back to nature, it finds a new host. The day I died was the day you were born." Hope stated.

"But even if you didn't die, I would still have magic since I am related to three species" I say confused.

"Yes that's true, your magic would've been powerful then. But it is when my magic chose you did you become destined as the most powerful magic wielder of all time. You were strong then but you are stronger now and you haven't even scratched the surface of what you're capable of." Hope says and I breathe it in.

"Did you win against Beatrice?" I ask

"That's one of the reasons I was so eager to communicate with you. Beatrice succeeded in killing me but instead of obtaining my powers like she thought, they went to you. And now that she knows that you are the next chosen one, she's after you. Power-hungry. And she has kidnapped your grandmother." Hope says

"Wait, my grandmother is alive?" I ask, shocked.

"yes, she is. And she's awaiting the time you awaken your inner potential." Hope says with a smile. Suddenly the white starts to get clouded with black.

"What's happening" I question as the ground beneath us starts to rumble.

"Our time has come to an end. You have the power to summon me when you need me the most. Take care Ember and be warned. Not everyone you will meet our friends and not everyone you will meet are foes" she speaks

I jolt awake and look around. I realize I was alone in the cave, Carmen must have left. I look back to the chest where the dagger lied and there was a book in it. Gently grabbing it, I flick through the pages and understand that it's a spellbook.

The pages looked roughed and edged and weren't smooth like normal paper, allowing me to assume that this was something ancient. The cover of the book was an animal skin type leather that had shades of brown all over it. 

Opening the book and scanning through the first page, I stop at a certain name.

'Esther Mikealson'

A/N

Hey guys, sorry again for the short chapter. Summer break officially began today and I am stoked. I am working on new, bigger chapters for current books and new ones and if you guys have any requests for characters, please let me know.