12

________________________________________________________________________________

The nomu is fast, so fast that it's hard for even me to keep up, However, that's not to say it's completely impossible to hold my own. We begin trading blows, his punches have a lot of power behind them, and it's getting difficult to move my nen around my body to brace it in time. I start trying to analyze the situation. Trying to find a weak point. But right when I do, I feel a punch land in my ribs. Launching me across the field. 

I start flying across the grounds and I hear the wind soaring through my ears as I'm pushed through the air. I struggle my body to turn around, as I figure I might be able to get at least a glance at the nomu, however, right when I do I hit the ground. The Nomu landing on his feet right next to me. I roll up and start trading blows with him again, trying to remember what he looked like standing next to the homeless guy before, or fighting Aizawa. 

Then I remembered, he had an exposed brain. I didn't focus on it too much before because, well, there are some weird looking people in this world, but now that I think about it he didn't have an aura. He seemed like a chimera, which are basically just dead people who've been reanimated.

 I figure it's worth a shot and start trying to get closer to the nomus head. Instead of trading blows, I begin ducking around them. I see an opening when I duck around one of his right punches and he tries to go in for a left hook style punch. 

I duck around his arms and get to his back where I latch on with one of my hands, nails still elongated, and reach for his head with my other hand. I feel the nomu elbowing me in my ribs as he tries to push me off his back and instinctively retract my arm to help support my body better. Then I realize I may not get another chance to get access to his brain. 

I flood my nen into my two sides and my hand, bracing my sides for the barrage of elbows and reinforcing the grip I have with my hand. 

I reach back up for his brain, feeling my nen begin to waiver as the nomu keeps his assault strong. However, I finally feel the brain of the nomu against my hand. I lengthen my other nails and stab them into the nomus brain. 

Immediately the barrage stops, and the nomu falls. Just then, I hear glass crashing and a loud, "I AM HERE!" 

I don't even have time to be mad at him as my vision begins to get blurry and then everything goes black

___________________________________

I wake back up in the back of an ambulance, which I can only tell by the sound of sirens that don't seem to get closer or further away.  I hear muted voices talking to me but I don't pay them much mind. My nen feels exhausted, which, fair, it was the main defense against that fish creature. But that just means it's not completely working right now. And not being able to sense the auras around me is honestly super freaky. But, I know I'm in an ambulance right now and it probably wont help me to start freaking out so I decide to just get more rest, hopefully recharging my nen. 

_____________________________________________

I wake up again, feeling much more refreshed, about 7 hours later, as told to me by the nurse who was just leaving when I woke up. I get the summary of my injuries which is a couple broken ribs, a concussion, some broken fingers and a couple of stitched up cuts. Which, could be worse. Speaking of worse, I asked the nurse whether or not Aizawa was okay and she said she couldn't disclose much but he would recover just fine with time. 

I let out a small sigh of relief at that because, honestly, Aizawa is one of the only pro heroes I can stand. Not to mention, if Aizawa died we'd have to deal with All Might as a teacher... I don't even want to imagine that. 

I take a small look around my room and wait until the nurse leaves and then start getting up from my bed. I want to find Moth sensei and make sure he's okay for myself. 

I peek out into the halls, as my nen is still a bit weak and I need to use it to find Aizawa, and see nobody there. I activate my nen, searching for Caterpillar sensei's familiar aura, and find it a few floors up and a bit to the right of me.

I deactivate my nen, make my way to the stairs, and walk up three floors without running into anybody. I make my way through the halls and then see long blonde hair talking to a doctor. I hide for a couple of minutes until the doctor walks away. And the blonde guy walks into a room. I activate my nen again for a second and find Aizawa's aura, it's super close by now. 

I make my way toward the room and realize the blonde guy just walked in there. Now I feel a bit awkward because what if that guy is one of Aizawa's friends? But alternatively, what if he's here to hurt Moth sensei? I decide the awkwardness is worth the risk and open the door to the room. 

I find the blonde guy...Mic-sensei, sitting at Aizawa's bedside. He quickly looks up at me and his eyes widen in surprise before he launches up and starts asking me if I'm alright. Apparently, he knew I had gotten injured too, so I figure he might've shown up at the USJ. 

I assure him I'm alright and he finally calms down and returns to his seat by Aizawa, inviting me to sit down too. I look over at moth sensei and all I see are bandages. He's connected to a few machines but his heart monitor is pretty normal so I figure he's okay for right now. 

I look up at Mic sensei and find him holding Aizawa's hand and looking at him with worry in his eyes.

Interesting...