~3~

We talk for a while longer and end up doing the same test on him that Mr. Wing did on me and Gon. Of course, I taught Izuku the fundamentals first, seeing as it's very difficult to understand nen without any idea of the basics of aura. For good measure, we weighed and tasted the water beforehand, making sure that even the slightest difference would be noticed. Watching Izuku walk up to the glass was almost nostalgic. He can remember how apprehensive he was at first, not expecting much from the test, however, when the water's taste changed, he was filled with excitement, and determination. He hoped Izuku would feel that same thing. ~Izuku focused entirely on the glass. Channeling his aura into that one place. And for a moment, it was as if everything stood still. And everything was quiet as the glass started getting slowly more full. Until Izuku couldn't focus anymore and had to back away. He takes a breath, looking shocked as if he thought that wouldn't actually work. Fair enough, as Killua himself had his doubts. There were a few more moments of silence until Izuku began almost vibrating in excitement, and started jumping up and down yelling about how he had done it. He'd let him enjoy it for a little while longer, but the fact that he finally got his aura nodes opened meant the training would just get harder. ~As much as he hated it when it happened to him, he could see how Bisky was always so happy when she was training him and Gon. It was nice to see the progress Izuku was making after only a few sessions. He was obviously getting stronger, and he was showing it too. He used to look like a twig, now he looked like a really healthy branch. It's not only making him physically stronger either, he's definitley getting more confident, however, he still gets a little shaken up at school. Even I can tell that and I don't go to school with him and I don't exactly pick up on social cues the best. What concerns me is Inko's lack of response to it. It's not like Izuku is the best at hiding the little flinches that come from loud noises. Nor is he good at hiding the winces of pain when he gets a hand on his shoulder. And, as much as I want to tell him to just fight back, I know that wouldn't end well for him, as stupid as it seems. Even being in this world for only a little while, I have been able to pick up on the hierarchy of society. You had the heroes, the top, the best of the best, the people every other person looked up to. Then, you had the ones with potential. Kids like Bakugou, who had flashy and strong quirks. Then, of course, you had the regular working class. People with quirks, but not ones strong enough to assist them in being heroes. Cause everyone starts out wanting to be heroes, some just realize that it's not possible and give up. Then, you had the villains. People who have been so beaten down by society, that they turn to villainy, fighting against those who they feel have wronged them the most. And, arguably, at the bottom, you have the quirkless, the untouchables, the ones with "villainous" quirks. These are the people who are still getting beaten down by society. The ones who haven't quite given up on their dreams yet, but are told time and time again that their dreams aren't possible. Villains used to be these people. The only difference is that they've given up on being heroes, and have decided to right the wrongs done to them through violent methods. Izuku was one of those people. The untouchables. He was beaten down so much and yet nobody did, or does, anything about it. Because they don't want to be associated with an untouchable, it could be bad for them, not to mention, the untouchables are down there for a reason, right? There was no point in helping someone who didn't deserve help, surely? So of course, even with the training, there's nothing Izuku can do at the moment. Cause he'll be blamed for it. And punished accordingly. And if he wants to get into UA or any good highschool for that matter, he's going to need his record to be as clean as possible. ~ When we went in for dinner, Inko was as usually, asking about Izuku's day and the training. He expertly avoided talking about school and directed the conversation more towards the training, Killua having to join in every once in a while to better explain an exercise or something that's going to be introduced to their training.  

They were his family, and he was going to do anything within his power to keep them safe, even though he knew they would never replace those from his other world.