26

The next few days around the school were tense, I could see Aizawa glancing at me every so often, I was still trying to figure out if it was out of worry for me or worry for everyone else. I ignore it for the most part but it's still kind of weighing on me. I like Moth-sensei, I didn't exactly want him to be scared of me. 

Either way, there's nothing I can really do about it. After all, I'm busy myself. The sports festival is coming up soon. As such, I've been doing my normal training routine. By normal, I mean the one I would do back in my old world. Which would probably be considered crazy in this world...

Anyways, Izuku and Todoroki have both been stuck in their training schedules, hopefully, Izuku is figuring out how to effectively use his nen. I know he said that he wanted to figure it out himself for the most part, which I could respect. 

Todoroki is probably stuck with his shitstain of a father, so I hope he's alright. All things considered, he may be getting trained twice as hard, I know Endeavor would want him to beat me in the festival. 

Now, I have to decide if I want to win or not. The hunter in me tells me to go for number 1, but the assassin in me knows that that may not be a good idea in retrospect. After all, there were villains who attacked not that long ago. They probably want to make detailed profiles of all of the kids here. 

I would rather not show off my electricity to the villains, or my strength for that matter. Honestly, I'm not even sure I actually want to intern under anyone. Mostly because I don't appreciate arrogant people trying to give me advice. 

Here comes another internal battle. There are pros and cons to both scenarios, but I guess the biggest pro would be that the festival would be fun. And I haven't really had a chance to have much fun in the time that I've been here. 

Not to mention, maybe I can get Alluka to come. I know she's always wanted to see me in my element. Whenever I tell her about it she listens in and then says, "I wish I could have been there to see it." This is a chance for her to do just that. 

The internal battle doesn't last that long afterward. I decided I would do it if only to make Alluka happy. 

____

Through the next couple of days, I train some more and visit Alluka to ask her to come, which she happily agrees to. And then tells me that I better win. So there goes failing on purpose. 

The day the sports festival arrives, I can feel the tension and nervousness in the air. It's kind of funny it reminded me of the first room of the Hunter Exam.

When we walked out, there was an obvious target on 1-A's back. Probably because of the obvious favoritism that was shown by the crowd. I scan for a moment and see Alluka, sitting amongst the rest of the crowd. She's smiling excitedly and I can't help but smile myself. 

"Now for a speech from our top scorer from the entrance exam, the new record holder for the most points obtained! Killua Zoldyck!" 

What the fuck. 

I can see the rest of my class turn to me as I stand, dumbfounded for a few seconds. I get my wits about myself and walk towards the stage. When I get there, I pause for a second before leaning forward and grabbing the mic. 

"I wasn't really, prepared to make a speech today. So I'll try to be as brief as possible. This sports festival is a big deal for a lot of people, and for even more people, it's something they're unsure about. Whenever humans encounter the unknown, they tend to lose perspective, even the fastest eye can be fooled... In other words, don't count yourself out too quickly. Because there's a chance that you may be more prepared than your opponent. No matter how much stronger you may think they are..." 

I pause for another second before opening my mouth to speak again,

"With that being said, if you're willing to do whatever it takes, I won't hold back, and I wish you all good luck in the festival."

I bow before exiting the stage, there's applause but it doesn't register to me. I just hope my speech didn't come across as arrogant. I hate genuinely arrogant people. 

I look up to find Alluka in the crowd and she's still smiling, so I'm assuming it wasn't too bad.

____

Midnight comes up to explain the games, it seems simple enough. The first challenge is a race. As such, I'm trying to decide whether or not I'll go all out in this round or not. Chances are, the school will make it harder for the winner because Nezu is a sadist. 

Then again, maybe Alluka would want to see me win each round. I have no surefire way of knowing, but my mind is made up now. No matter what, I'll try my best to win every round. It may not be interesting for everyone else, but I'll be damned if Alluka doesn't have fun.