24

After the odd conversation with Todoroki last night, he seemed to glue himself to my side. I'm not entirely sure why, but maybe it's a type of comfort to him. He seems to really not like his father, and I was one of the few people who's ever made Endeavor be quiet and had the stuff to back it up. 

With all of my family drama (trauma), I can understand the feeling of wanting to spite them but also wanting to make them proud. Honestly, in my first couple weeks or so of running away, I was seriously contemplating going back. Mostly because up till that point, my entire life was built on getting recognition and approval from my father. After a little bit, though, I realized I wanted to live differently than them, and changed my perspective. 

So yeah, if I can provide a small bit of comfort to someone who's going through shit, so be it. It's what Alluka would want me to do and, honestly, it's what I want to do too. 

When it gets to lunch, Todoroki is still kind of sticking to me, so much so that other people start to notice, I saw Bakugo, Izuku, Mina, and Ochako looking over at us at least 6 times today. Whatever, to each their own I guess. 

I end up sitting at the end of the table with Todoroki to my right and Izuku in front of me, Ochako is next to him and then Iida. They seem to be steady staring at me and Todoroki and I take one bite of my food before Izuku asks, "Did something happen that we should know about?" 

I pause with my chopsticks halfway up to my mouth before raising my eyebrow at him. "We had a chat." I take a bite of my food. 

"That's it? You guys are acting like childhood friends..." Ochako says. I nod in response, knowing Todoroki is considered one of the quietest kids in class. 

"Yep, just a chat. A fairly personal one though, some may say we trauma bonded." I make jazz hands before going back to my food. In my peripherals, I can see Todoroki raise his brow at me before going back to his own food. 

The other side of the table sits in awkward silence for a second before Izuku breaks it with an equally awkward chuckle. Knowing it's probably better not to pry, they start a new conversation, this time, talking about the very anticipated sports festival. 

I zone out a bit before feeling a tap on my shoulder, I look over and see Todoroki sliding his bowl with a bit of soba left in it. "Do you want the rest? I think I lost my appetite..." I see a sad look in his eye, and I wonder if it has to do with the new topic of conversation. I can only imagine that his overzealous and arrogant father is pushing him to get number one at the festival. 

I decide not to pry but take the soba, giving him my apple instead. "Sure, but take this as a trade. I can't eat both of them." I figured the apple would lessen Todoroki's worry, all things considered, they're probably more in the range of foods he'd feel comfortable eating if he was on a diet. I know they were for me. 

He nods and takes the apple, biting into it immediately, I can see a small, thankful smile on his face before he quickly masks it with his normal neutrality. I finish off his soba as soon as the bell rings. 

______ 

After a while, school is, once again, over, and I decide that I want to go visit Alluka again. Mostly because this time I won't be shitting figurative bricks and can enjoy my time with her. I walk down the street, looking around and seeing people walking along with their dogs and slinking in and out of stores. It's still weird to me how alike but different this world is from mine. 

There are so many comparisons I can make but even more differences, especially if I get down to specifics. 

I hear my shoes hit the gravel of Alluka's driveway and already notice things I was too nervous to notice before. Like the mass amounts of stray cats who are roaming the neighborhood, or the cat food laid out on her front porch. 

I ignore them for the time being and knock on the door. 

As soon as she opens it, I'm pulled into a tight hug, one that has so much warmth in it that it makes me melt a little. I'm reminded again that I did it, I found my sister. 

She smiles at me and leads me inside, where I look down a hallway I had previously just walked past. I see an open door that leads into a laundry room at the very end, along with a white cat walking out of the door. It looks at me and then continues on its way, nonchalantly. 

I hear Alluka laugh behind me. "Before I knew you were alive, I always thought that I accidentally turned you into that cat. It acts so much like you it's almost scary." 

I smile and I feel a bit of tears well up in my eyes, before wiping them away and convincing myself that it was because of the cats.

I turn to see her smiling at the white cat, "Whenever I used to think about cats, I used to always imagine coming back as one when I died. That's why I set this house up so nicely for them because I always thought I'd join them one day. Now though, I think of them as friends. Do you get what I mean?" 

I nod, I hadn't thought of myself coming back as a cat specifically, but I had always related myself to the animals, and if I were to reincarnate as anything, it'd probably be one of them. 

I hear a timer go off and Alluka slightly jumps at the noise before saying, "I had just started making a pie when you got here, that was the timer for the crust of mine I think. Let me go fill it real fast." She claps her hands in front of her. 

"Do you need help with anything?" I ask. She hums for a second and then says, "You can help me peel and cut the apples!" She smiles brightly. 

I smile back and nod, for the next couple of hours, we fill the pie and then sit on her front porch, cats surrounding us as we talk about how our lives have been since getting to this world. Of course, Alluka has a lot more to say since she's been here a lot longer. However, that doesn't stop her from looking entirely immersed in my stories. It reminds me of when I would visit her room and tell her about all of my adventures outside of the estate. 

Just like home.