14

The next day when I woke up, I found a nurse staring at a clipboard, she reminded me somewhat of Kurapika, funnily enough. Her hair was short and she seemed extremely focused and mature, someone you'd be able to trust in a tense situation. 

The nurse notices that I've woken up and stops writing things on her clipboard for a moment. 

"You're awake, that's good. You need to eat something, it will be good for your recovery. Please stay put, I'll go get you something to eat." 

She leaves the room before I even have time to say anything, the door closing softly behind her as she walks swiftly. 

I sigh and move to stand up, a bit sore now that my body has rested a bit. If I remember right, I have broken ribs and a couple other injuries, I should be careful to not agitate anything for a couple of days. Im focusing my nen on those parts of my body to try and strengthen them. Groaning as I stand, my joints popping. 

Walking towards the door, Im surprised as it suddenly opens, leading me to realize that I had lowered my guard. Clearing my throat, I quickly put my nen up to at least have something to warn me if people are coming.

Looking up, I see Mic standing with a taped-up Aizawa, one of them smiling brightly and the other blinking slowly...

"Hello there listener! I figured you'd be awake! I just came to check on you and Aizawa here insisted he'd tag along" 

I hear Aizawa huff at that, but he doesn't say anything else. 

"So, I see you're alright, up and moving around already! I figured you'd be a bit more sore, even though you visited earlier, I thought you'd be tuckered out. Sorta thought you were still running on adrenaline. You should sit back down though, just because there's not a lot of visible injuries, you took quite the beating." I sigh and take his advice, sitting down slowly, the bruises on my hips and sides throbbing with the motion.

Aizawa seems to glance around the room before asking, muffled behind bandages. 

"Have you eaten yet?" 

I shake my head and look at the now-closed door before returning my eyes to the two adults.

"No, the nurse lady said she was going to get me food a couple of minutes ago but she's not back yet. Is hospital food any good here?" 

I see Aizawa look towards the door as Mic answers my question.

"Hospital food is really good here little listener! Though, it's probably not the best-tasting thing in the world it's not terrible!" 

Ah, so he's decided that he doesn't need to sugarcoat at least some things around me. Maybe he realized it's not necessary. Thank gosh. 

I nod my head in response and Aizawa slowly makes his way over to the door, grabbing the clipboard that says my doctor and nurse's name. He seems to read it before putting it down and walking over to one of the chairs to slowly lower himself into it, the bandages ruffling with the motion. 

"What was that?" I ask, curious about his actions.

"I was just wondering what the nurse's name was, if she takes much longer with your food I want to know who I should complain about." He says, 100% seriously. 

I hear Mic laugh a bit and then the door clicks open as the nurse walks back in. 

"Sorry for the wait, the kitchen was full."

She doesn't seem fazed by the two other people now in the room as she puts the tray down on a nearby counter.

"Your injuries are fairly extensive, however, they can be treated at home if you'd rather heal there than at a hospital. Though, to do that I would need a guardian's name." 

I think for a moment before nodding, "In-". Before I can finish my sentence Mic-Sensei jumps in and asks, "would it be possible for me to jump in as the guardian? He can heal at my place and, as his teacher, I'm one of his legal guardians sometimes already anyways." 

My eyes widen slightly in surprise but I guess it wouldn't hurt. Not to mention, as much as I love Inko and Izuku, they would probably be far too overbearing while I'm recovering. It's for the best that I don't go over there quite yet. 

I see the nurse's eyes narrow slightly, looking at Mic and then thinking to herself for a moment before sighing. "Very well, I suppose that will do. I'll get the paperwork ready. Go ahead and eat Killua, make sure to get nutrients for your recovery." 

I hear rustling behind me and a couple of footsteps before I see Mic move to grab water from the counter and walk back toward the direction of Aizawa. 

"What was that all about?" I ask, curious as to why he decided to jump in as my guardian. 

"Nezu wanted to speak with you, and I decided it'd probably be better for him to do that at my house than at a civilian house. Not to mention, I want you to meet our cats."

"Our?"

Mic's eyes go wide momentarily before clearing his throat. "Would that be a problem?" He sounds defensive.

I shake my head in response, "Course not, just wondering." I take another bite of my food.

Mic nods, seeming appeased. "Then yes, we're together."

I chuckle and hum, "They say opposites attract." I finish the rest of my food. 

"When are you gonna get out moth-sensei?" 

He shrugs or tries to. Mic speaks for him, "Shota is trying to get out of here today, even though the doctors are telling him to stay for at least a week. He doesn't really like hospitals." 

I nod, "Me neither...." I think for a moment. "Hey, what did Nezu want to talk to me about?"

Mic looks confused for a moment before shrugging. "He didn't really say, all he said was that he knows there's something you wanted to talk about." 

Well....that's not ominous at all.