19

The second I walk in I see the same asshole from last time. And he sees me. And immediately starts to complain. 

"Oh come on! Why is this child here again? He has no place here among all of us!" What a douche. 

"Well Mr.Suzuki, Killua here was the one who played the greatest role in the Nomu's defeat. So I figure his presence here may be more important than yours." Nezu says in the calmest voice with the biggest grin on his face. He's my favorite rat...gerbil...mouse thing. 

The man, Mr.Suzuki, scoffs and gets in my face, "You really want me to believe this puny kid took down that thing? Please, he probably just got hurt and took the credit." 

"So who do you suggest did take down the Nomu Mr.Suzuki?" Nezu asks, a fair question because, all things considered, All Might was late and Aizawa was hurt. 13 was out of commission too so it's not exactly impossible that a child took down the Nomu by process of elimination. 

"I think the villains just shut him down and this kid took all of the credit." 

"Well luckily we have the tapes here with us today, so we can check for ourselves." 

The entire room goes silent as the lights darken and the security camera footage comes up on the screen at the other side of the room. 

In the footage, it's easy to see that the bird-like creature was extremely powerful. His punches seemed to shake the trees and kick up some dust. You see us disappear into the woods for a bit after I got thrown. And then appear again later on. His fists wreak havoc on my ribs while I go for his brain. Finally knocking him down. Then the footage goes on to show All Might's late arrival and my passing out. 

The room brightens again and the agent clears his throat, going to sit down without saying anything. Serves him right, I had to resist the urge to stick my tongue out at him in victory. 

"If there are no more concerns about Mr.Killua's right to be here then let's get this meeting started shall we?" Nezu takes over, starting to discuss the profiles of the people they were able to identify so far, including the small-time villains they've arrested. 

When they get to the blue-haired guy they call him Shigaraki, apparently they had gotten a name after he had done some small time attacks by the victims. Calling him the leader. They go on to talk about the mist guy but they can't match a name to him. I hear someone suggest that he was another one of those Nomu things, just with a different purpose and I unconsciously shake my head, knowing that's not right. 

"Mr.Killua? Something to add?" 

I looked up and saw everyone staring at me Nezu had seen my head shaking and decided to call me out. What a jerk. The hero that suggested that was Endeavor, and now he's looking at me like I squashed his cat or something. 

"That purple guy wasn't a nomu." I stay quiet after that. 

Nezu blinks at me and then sits on the table, rat-privilege. "Care to expand on that?" 

I sigh and nod. "The nomu was something that wasn't alive. It didn't have a mind of it's own. I figure it's something engineered. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was engineered using a human brain. The brain felt real, but it's body felt fake, and cold. It only responded to commands by that Shigaraki guy. And, while the mist guy protected Shigaraki, he also had a mind of his own. 

I went after Shigaraki earlier on, and he didn't notice me. The mist guy was working on sending the other students away somewhere by order of Shigaraki. But he also protected Shigaraki, even though that wasn't what he ordered." 

I see Nezu think for a moment and then nod. I feel the tension rise in the room when I say I think the Nomus are made with humans. 

"So the mist guy and the nomu aren't the same thing." 

I shake my head, "Personally, I think that the mist guy is an earlier version of the nomu. Incomplete, kind of. Like a beta version." 

I see a couple of nods around the room and they discuss that for a bit longer before moving on to other topics, one of the topics being All Might's late arrival. Nezu starts up that conversation, which somewhat shocks the agents in the room, all of them trying to jump to the aid of All Might, saying that he has better things to do than watch over a bunch of kids.

"Then you shouldn't have made that part of your promise when we were discussing a cancellation of the trip." Nezu says. I hear the agents sputter out a response, still defending their actions. 

"No, there's next to nothing you can say to defend yourself here. Mr.Killua made a discovery and brought it to our attention. We tried to get the trip rescheduled but you said there was no reason to because All Might would be there and all would be fine. Yet here we are. All Might wasn't there and Mr.Killua got severely injured because of your oversight and lack of logical reasoning." 

You could hear a pin drop. I think it's because it's extremely rare for people to stand up against the Hero's Protection Agency. Especially about All Might. I guess that doesn't matter when you're Nezu though. 

"What do you mean about, Killua, was it? Bringing this to your attention before the trip. How could he have known?" This time, it's Hawks. I guess it would make sense for the top couple of heroes to be here for the meeting. All things considered, they'll probably be the ones fighting the nomus later on. 

The agents try to answer themselves but Nezu beats them to the punch. 

"When the press broke into the school not to long ago, it wasn't actually just the press." There's a couple of gasps at this. "Despite the chaos, Mr.Killua here figured something was wrong. Call it a gut feeling. So instead of trying to exit with the rest of the students, he went searching the school for an intruder. Which he found. The intruder is Shigaraki. Then Killua said he disappeared. Which we now know is likely because of the mist guy. 

That being said, Killua tried to tell us to cancel the trip, because he figured out that what they were looking at was the trip plans for 1-A. However, when he brought it up, Mr.Suzuki said that there was nothing to worry about because All Might would be there, and refused to reschedule the trip." 

There's a chatter over this that takes over the room, what wonderful chaos I've found myself a part of today.