17

"So...what does this mean?" 

Nezu gestures to my chair, silently telling me to sit back down. I sit slowly back down in my seat, confused and a bit scared, what happened that made things this way? 

"I have a working theory, would you like to hear it?" 

I look up at him and nod, wanting any explanation he can give me.

"Well, you told Alluka, or Nanika, that you wanted her to send you all to a different place right?" 

I nod, "I asked for her to send us somewhere away from my brother Illumi." 

Nezu nods and continues on, "So, what if Nanika not only sent you to a different reality, but she sent you each to different times in that reality?" 

My mouth goes dry, that means Alluka would have had to grow up in this unfamiliar world with nobody she knew. 

"Y...yeah that could be possible..." 

My voice is quiet as I mull over the new information. 

"I understand that this is probably something that will take some time to come to terms with. However, I would like to know more about this thing you call nen." 

I huff and nod, rubbing my head as my headache grows. "Do you have paper or something?" 

Nezu nods and grabs a piece of paper, also handing me a pen. 

"Nen allows people to manipulate their life energy, their aura. Their aura can be manipulated in different ways. There are 6 types of nen and they all manipulate aura in different ways. Enhancement, which allows the user to increase their physical strength and durability using aura. My friend had his one. Transmutation allows the user to change the properties of their aura, such as shape, color, or texture. I have that one. Emission allows the user to detach and project their aura over a distance. Conjuration allows the user to create physical objects or beings from their aura. Manipulation allows the user to control objects or living beings using aura. Specialization allows the user to have a unique and rare Nen ability that does not fit into the other categories." 

As I explain nen to him, I write out the different nen types and a general description of them.

"I see," he grabs a notebook and a pen of his own, beginning to write things down, probably things I'm saying but not writing, "and what would you say the strongest nen type is?" 

I shrug. "It really depends on person to person, and how they utilize it. If I had to say, specialization would be my best guess. I've seen quite a few people with it and they're all fairly strong." 

Nezu nods along and writes a couple of things down, I pass him the paper I was writing on and sit back in my chair with my arms crossed.

"And...what kind of nen did your sister have?" 

My jaw clenched for a moment but I unclenched it a second later, he did help me find her after all, I wouldn't even know where she was if it wasn't for him. 

"Alluka's nen was always special...advanced. But she had transmutation, she could transform her nen into Nanika." 

Nezu nods along and writes at what has to be record speed. "And I'm guessing her nen was along the lines of carrying out orders?" 

I tilt my head in a 'kind of' motion. "It was granting wishes, you had to give her something and she'd grant your wishes, it usually didn't matter how grand the wishes were." 

Nezu nods again and writes it down. "So, what is your nen ability Killua?" 

I hum, "Electricity." I decide to stay short with my answer. 

Nezu hums for a moment and then says, "It's intriguing that your nen isn't something that strengthens your body or makes you faster, you seem very agile and durable." 

I nod for a moment, "Nen actually can do that. Since it's your aura, it's always with you. You can manipulate nen without it being one of the nen types. Everyone has the ability to do the base abilities of nen. They're called Zetsu, which is when you close your aura nodes. Ten helps to protect against other aura attacks. Hatsu is where the abilities come in. Ren is releasing nen in something like a burst of energy. Then there's Gyo, which is when you focus a large amount of nen into one part of your body. My protection against the nomu was mostly Gyo."

Nezu nods and writes down every word coming out of my mouth, I guess that's something that comes with talking to the most intelligent being on the planet. 

"Now, I'd like to know more about why you were running away from your family. You said they were assassins so I have to assume you at least grew up in that type of environment." 

I nod, "I was an assassin for the majority of my life but decided I didn't want that for myself anymore and ran away. I had to fight to get out and fight to stay out because my family wanted me to take over the business when I grew up. My older brother was sent out to follow me, Illumi. I had a lot of cases where I had to run from him. There was a time when my friend Gon got really injured and I had to go back to my estate to ask Nanika for help. They weren't going to let me go so I had to run. When me and Gon separated to do our own things, I went with Alluka. My family wanted both of us back so they chased us all around the world. When it got to the point where I couldn't run anymore I asked Nanika to send us here." 

Nezu nods, not having any visible reaction to me saying that I used to be an assassin, honestly he had probably figured that out already. He thinks for a moment and then takes another sip of his tea. 

"Okay Mr.Killua, that's all I have to ask you for today, you should get back to class anyways, the day's almost over. I'm sorry that the answer to the location of your sister was a bit bittersweet."

I nod and stand up, "It's alright...at least I know she's alive. Thank you Nezu." 

He nods and goes back to writing things down, taking that as my cue to leave, I exit his office and make my way back to the classroom.