23

"Your sister can't help us?" 

It's the next school day when I meet with Nezu again and, honestly, it's like I should just make this my class at this point. It seems like I'm here more than in my actual class. 

I shake my head, "No... sorry." 

I hear him sigh but he assures me, "It's okay Mr.Killua, I don't see a reason why she has to be our only option. Trust that I'll figure something else out that doesn't involve your sister getting hurt." 

"Thank you Principle Nezu." 

He smiles, "Of course. Now why don't you go back to your class, don't worry about tardies or anything, I'm sure Aizawa already knows you're here." 

I nod and get up, thanking him one more time before leaving the room. 

_________

When I get to the classroom, there's a lot of murmurs coming from inside, I walk in and take a seat, glad that everyone seems to be pretty distracted by whatever was going on in the classroom. 

I meet eyes with Aizawa and he raises an eyebrow as if to ask if everything is alright. I nod and he averts his eyes again before gaining back the class's attention. 

"The sports festival will be a place where Pro-heroes will observe you for internships, so be sure to show both your best behavior and strength."

The bell rings for lunch and I walk up to Aizawa's desk as everyone else filters out of the room. He hands me a form, a permission slip it looks like. 

"Have your guardian sign this so you can participate in UA's annual sports festival, if you need me too, I'll step in as a guardian and sign it for you." 

I nod, reading over the slip. "Could you sign it for me?" 

I hear him sign but he doesn't argue as he grabs a pen and signs on the line that reads, 'Parent or Guardian.' 

"Thank you Moth-sensei," I say, about to leave before I hear him call me, he walks up to me by the door.

"Is everything okay? You've been to Nezu's office a lot in the past few days." 

I plaster my cat-like grin on my face, "Are you worried about me Eraserhead?" 

I hear him scoff before he turns back towards me, "I worry about all of my students." 

I sigh but nod, deciding to answer his question seriously. "Everything is fine, there's just a couple of external issues that I have to deal with that Nezu can help me with." 

He looks dissatisfied with that answer but sighs and nods nonetheless. "Okay, just...tell me if you need something okay?" With that, he briskly walks from the class and leaves me to go to lunch. 

_____

I start training for the festival right away, kind of glad that I'll have a chance to participate in a school activity. Not because of school spirit or anything, but because it's practice. Those nomus are tough, and I'm sure fighting multiple would be hard for anyone. God knows if they come after me, I want to be prepared. And after fighting the last nomu, I haven't gotten the chance to do any hand-to-hand combat in a long time. 

I walk into my dorm room, it's not very decorated. I decide that I'll decorate it eventually, and start to think about if I want to decorate it with a theme in mind or just random shit that I have. I decide on the former and start brainstorming different design ideas. 

Then it hits me, what if I do a room themed on my world? It will look like a video game to other people, but to me, it will feel like home. 

I decide on that theme and start to get to work on different things I'll add to my room. I know I don't exactly have a lot of money to work with, which is fine, I guess. I'll just have to find a way to make some. Pickpocketing can't really be that hard, or maybe I'll beat up a couple of bad guys and take their money. That seems like the better option to me, honestly. Practice for the sports festival and money? Sign me up! 

I hear a knock on my door and get up to open it, surprised when I see Todoroki standing at my door. We haven't really talked much...at all. 

He looks at me with a blank face before I invite him in, after he steps through the door, he sits on my bed and stares at me again. 

"Can I help you?" 

He stares at me for a couple more seconds but then starts to talk, "My dad said he didn't like you." 

I almost burst out laughing, what a way to start a conversation. 

"Your dad is that flaming asshole right? Endeavor?" I had overheard it on the first day of class, I think that black haired girl, Momo, brought it up. 

He nods but stays silent otherwise. 

"So... did you come here to fight or something?" 

He looks up at me, a bit surprised before he schools his face back into neutrality. 

"No...I want to know how you did it." 

"How...I made your dad not like me?" 

He nods. 

"Uhm...I just...proved him wrong. Your dad apparently doesn't like to be told he's wrong, and hasn't been told it enough." 

Todoroki looks down and nods, quickly standing and making his way back to my door. "Thank you Killua." He says before he quickly makes his way out. 

What a weird interaction...