Chapter 3 - Australia

September 26, 2013

Today I was leaving for Australia. I was so excited!!! My plane was taking off at 7:30am (it was 7:20) and then I would be in Australia for a year. Also, my birthday was coming up really soon!! It would be my only birthday with my host family. My birthday was about a week away.

I was now just sitting down, waiting for my plane to begin boarding. I then heard the announcement that my plane was boarding. So, I said goodbye to my family and left to get on the plane. I put all of my suitcases in the overhead compartment. I was so excited to go to Australia.

------

I woke up, and I checked my phone. It was 12:34am on September 28. I had already changed my time to Sydney's time. Right now, it would be 5:34am on September 27 at home. There was an announcement that said we would be landing in about five minutes, and those minutes passed quickly. We were landing and it was about 12:40am. It was dark, of course. We got off the plane, and I saw my host family holding a sign that said my name on it. I laughed, and walked towards them.

"Scarlett!!" Kathy ran towards me and hugged me.

"Hey Kathy!!" I said, hugging her back.

"It's nice to meet you in person" she said in an Australian accent.

"Same here" I said.

"Hi Scarlett. Nice to meet you.." Ben walked over to me. He hugged me and I hugged him back.

"Hey Scarlett!!! I'm Jonah" Jonah walked over to me and hugged me like his mom and dad did.

"Hi Jonah" I hugged him back.

"We need to take you home and show you around" Kathy said in her beautiful Australian accent like I had mentioned before.

"Okay" I said, and we walked out of the airport. I loaded my suitcases into the back of their car. They drove home, then showed me around. They showed me my room last. It was huge and amazing. I loved it. I began unpacking my one suitcase that had my essentials in it. When I was done, I changed and laid down on my bed, then fell to sleep.

------

I woke up and it was 10:30am. It would be 3:30pm at home. I got out my laptop and began to Skype my mom.

"Hey Scarlett!" Mom said.

"Hi"

"You got there safe!! That's good!"

"Yeah.. I got here at midnight last night. It's ten-thirty here now"

"Oh really?"

"Yeah"

"Wow.." She paused, "Can I see your room?"

"Yeah, sure" I picked up e laptop and turned around so she could see all of my room. There was a balcony out the back which I really liked.

"It's beautiful.. Do people seem nice there? And is your host family nice?"

"People seem nice, and yes, my host family is amazing. I want you to meet them!" I ran downstairs with my laptop, and walked over to Kathy who was making breakfast.

"Mom, this is Kathy, my host mom. Say hi Kathy" I said.

"Hi Mrs. Anderson!" Kathy said.

"Call me Patricia, please"

"I'll remember that."

Dad, Xavier, and Macy then came onto the screen. They waved at Kathy, and she waved back. I then walked over to where Ben was. I did the same with him as Kathy, then the same with Jonah after Ben.

"they seem nice, Scarlett!" Macy said.

"They are" I said.

"Okay, Scarlett, we'll talk to you later" Dad said.

"Okay, bye!"

"Bye" they all waved, then I hit end. I just laid down. I think I'm going to enjoy being in Australia..