Chapter 19 - Christmas Day

The next morning, I woke up with Ashton right beside me. I heard some things going on downstairs, meaning that others were already up.

"Ashy..." I whispered to Ashton to try to wake him up.

"Ash, babe.." I whispered once more, and he woke up.

"What, Scar?"

"It's Christmas!"

He smiled, "Merry Christmas, baby"

"Merry Christmas to you too, Ashy" I pecked him on the lips.

"How about we exchange our gifts really quick so I can get home and you can go downstairs?"

"Sounds good to me" I smiled.

"Here you go" Ashton handed me a box, and I handed him his.

He told me to open mine first, so I did. I ripped the wrapping paper off, then opened the box. Inside the medium sized box was a shirt. It was white with black lettering on it that spelled out, "I Prefer the Drummer".

"I love it, Ashton! And it's such a coincidence because, well, open your present,"

He opened his, and it was a black shirt with white lettering that said, "I am the Drummer".

"That is such a coincidence!" He laughed, "I love mine too, babe"

"We now have kind of matching shirts!"

"Yeah" he smiled, "but I better get to my house, and you better get downstairs! See you later babe" He picked my lips and whispered, "but that was only part one of your gift.."

He opened my window and climbed out of it. He left me wondering what he meant by that.. I kept thinking about it, and I went downstairs.

"Hey Scarlett! Morning! Merry Christmas!" Macy said.

"Merry Christmas, Macy" I smiled.

"Again, I heard a voice from your room this morning. Are you sure nobody is up there with you?" She asked, and I panicked.

"I'm sure. I was watching a few videos in my room. That might've been what you heard"

"Oh, I bet it was" she pushed it aside. She looked at my neck and asked, "what are those? Are those hickeys?"

"What?" I thought about last night, Ashton kissing down my neck, "oh, no. I was just scratching"

"Oh.. You better cover it up, though, because it looks like hickeys!!"

"I will.. Thanks Macy" that was so close. I pulled my shirt closer to my neck, covering up the hickeys.

I walked over to the kitchen and got a pancake that Kathy had made.

"Morning sweetie! Merry Christmas!" She exclaimed.

"Merry Christmas to you too, Kathy" I smiled, then grabbed the syrup for my pancake.

"Did Ashton give you his present?" She whispered.

"Yes!" I described the shirt, then described how the one I got him was close to it.

Within five more minutes, I had said hello to everyone who was staying in the house.

------

Later, closer to nighttime, Ashton came back. He had a small box wrapped up in wrapping paper with him this time. I helped him climb through my window, and he then handed me the box. I unwrapped it, then opened the box. Inside was a small, silver ring. It had an infinity sign on it with an "S" in the one side of the infinity sign, and an "A" in the other side.

"Ashton, it's beautiful! I love it!" I told him.

"It's a promise ring with an S for you and an A for me" he explained.

"Well it's amazing" I put it on my finger.

"Thank you, babe"

"Now I feel bad because I only got you one thing.."

"It's okay, babe. We can cuddle to make up for it.."

"Sounds great" I smiled.

Ashton laid down in the bed, then pulled me down beside him. We cuddled until we fell asleep, and I couldn't have had a better Christmas, my first Christmas with Ash.