Chapter 14 - Movie

He grabbed the DVD and put it into his DVD player. While the commercials at the beginning played, Ashton and I went into the kitchen, making popcorn for us which was one bag for each of us. I insisted that I didn't need a whole bag, but he said it was okay if we had extra. I went along, and he pulled the bag out of he microwave and put the other in. He poured the popcorn into a big bowl. He handed me the bowl and said, "Here, Scar, go ahead and sit down. I'll get the other one"

"No.. I'll stay out here" I smiled. I really really liked being around Ashton. I took a piece of popcorn and popped it into my mouth.

"Okay" he smiled back just as the microwave dinged. He once again pulled the bag out and poured the contents into a big bowl. He grabbed that bowl for himself. We walked back into the living room and sat down on the couch just as the movie was about to start.

About halfway into the movie, I felt something touching my hand. It was Ashton's hand. He was trying to hold my hand. I let him, then looked at him. He smiled at me and I smiled back. I rested my head on his shoulder and he put his arm around my neck. Suddenly, I heard a woman say, "Don't be getting too comfy.."

I turned around to see Anne Marie standing there with Lauren and Harry. I smiled at them and got up. Ashton got up and introduced me.

"Hey mum, Lauren, Harry.. This is Scarlett, the girl I've been telling you about" He said.

"Nice to meet you Scarlett," Anne Marie said to me.

"Nice to meet you too, Mrs. Irwin"

"Oh, please, it's Anne Marie" she smiled.

"Hi Scarlett" Lauren smiled at me.

"Hello Lauren" I said to her, and she kept her smile as she walked up to her room.

"Hi Scarlet, I'm Harry" Harry looked up at me.

"Why hello Harry" I said, crouching down to his level. I then stood back up and I heard Harry whisper to Ashton, "I like her. She's nice.. She's a keeper". I blushed, but tried to hide it when Ashton looked at me. Harry went up to his room then and so did Anne Marie. Ashton and I walked back over to the couch, unpaused the movie, and continued watching it. We got into the position we had been in, and finished the movie that way.

------

By the end of the movie, I had fallen asleep. I woke up when Ashton was trying to pick me up.

"What are you doing?" I wondered.

"I was going to carry you to my bedroom and let you sleep in my bed. I didn't want to wake you because you just looked so peaceful"

"Well, I think Kathy wants me home.."

"No, Scar, please stay" I really liked his nickname for me.

"I don't have clothes to wear for tonight" I told him.

"I'll give you something of mine to wear."

"I'll call her" I told him.

I called Kathy and she said it was okay that I stayed, as long as nothing happened. I told her nothing would and she agreed to let me stay.

"I can stay" I announced.

"Good" he smiled, handing me one of his t-shirts and a pair of boxers for me to wear. When I put them on, they smelled like Ashton and I loved it.

That night, I cuddled with Ashton until I fell asleep. I just felt so right being in his arms that I never wanted to leave them.