Chapter 12 - Phone Number

November 2, 2013

It was now really beginning to feel like summer in Australia. We have already started practice for summer basketball. At night, the winds would be terrible, though. Last night, I made the mistake of leaving my window open a little bit. When I woke up, I saw that my poster had blown off of the wall and landed upside down on my floor. Then, I saw some writing on the back. It said, "***-***-**** <3 I'm sure I can trust you - Ash xx". It was his phone number.. Why would he give that to me? I decided to punch it into my phone, and I would FaceTime him right after school.

------

I got home after school and FaceTimed Ashton. His face popped up within seconds, and he smiled.

"Scarlett!! Oh my fuck.. It's you!!" He said, smiling. I pulled my sleeves down quickly making sure my scars weren't showing.

"Hi Ashton" I smiled, "why'd you give me your phone number?"

"Haven't you seen all the interviews?" He asked me. Interviews? Why the interviews?

"Um, yeah, why?"

"Oh.. Um.." He stuttered.

Michael then came over behind Ashton. He said, "oh!! Scarlett's the one you were talking about in all of those interviews!!" Ashton then hit Michael, and Michael giggled.

"Wait, Michael say that again" I told him.

"No, Michael don't say it again" Ashton warned.

"Yes, Michael.. Say it one more time" I said again.

"You're the one Ashton was talking about in the interviews" Michael repeated.

"MICHAEL!!" Ashton yelled, then hit Michael. Michael giggled, then ran away.

"Ashton.. Is that true? I'm the one you were talking about?" I wondered. Could I be?

"Yeah.. It's true," he admitted. I couldn't help but fangirl inside!!

"Ashton, I- I don't know what to say. I like you too"

"Really? You do?"

"yes.. I do.. You've always been my favorite in the band" I admitted.

"I actually knew that.. I looked down through your Instagram page"

"That explains the likes on my pictures from over a year ago.."

"Oh.." He scratched his neck, "you knew about that?"

"Yeah. You weren't quick enough to unlike them" I giggled.

He smiled at me and said, "I love your laugh"

"And I love yours too, every single one of them" I then laughed again. This time, he laughed with me.

"Hey, I can't deny it.. It's true"

"So, about the interviews.." I started.

"Oh god.." He said and I laughed again, "just one question, okay?"

"Okay. Just one!"

"Alright. Is it true what the boys said? That you would get excited when you got a call because you thought it was me? Or you daydream and dream about me? And that I make you really, really happy?" I wondered.

"Yeah, Scarlett, all of its true.. You're just so perfect. I feel so embarrassed that you saw the interviews"

"You shouldn't be! That's how I feel when I have a crush. You always see the good about them and look past the bad"

"But you have no bad things for me to look past" he told me, and I blushed.

"Thanks, Ashton" I as fangirling so much inside right now.

"So.. I was wondering, would you like to come over sometime? I mean, you must live near me because you said you go to Richmond"

"Yeah, that's right" I told him my address and he told me his. We found out that we lived only a few miles from each other.

"So, you wanna come over tomorrow? Maybe six?" He asked.

"That would be great" I smiled. I just couldn't believe that I was talking to THE Ashton Irwin, nevermind going to his house, nevermind him liking me. Everything was unreal, and I liked it.