Chapter 13 - Ashton's House

The next day, I told Kathy that I was going to a friends house. She asked who and I was so excited to tell her that I could hardly say it.

"I'm going to Ashton's house" I told her, excited.

"A boy!!" She seemed excited for me, "wait- he's from 5 Seconds of Summer isn't he?"

"Yeah!!" I said excitedly.

"How are you going to his house? How did you manage to pull that off?" She asked, and I pulled out my phone. I showed her the interview I watched and said, "He told me that he's talking about me in that interview and all of the other ones. He gave me his phone number too. He wrote it on the back of he poster"

"Scarlett, this is amazing!"

"I know!! But it's almost six so I gotta go"

"Okay, see you later!" She said and I walked out the door.

I got into the car and drove off to the address he gave me. I walked to the front door and rang the doorbell. To my surprise, Ashton came to the door with no shirt on, only in sweatpants. I loved seeing Ashton like this. I bet he was wearing only at because it was comfy, but I thought he looked sexy. He saw me and said, "hey Scarlett! Come on in!" and motioned me inside.

I walked inside and admired the house. I realized Anne Marie wasn't here, neither was Lauren nor Harry. I looked around for a moment before Ashton snapped me out of it.

"This is a nice house" I told him.

"Yeah, my mum may keep it clean down here, but just wait until you see my room.. I just can't keep it clean"

"And I just can't get my room dirty" we laughed at that.

"Um, Scarlett.. I- I really liked us talking the other day. I liked that I could get how I feel about you off my chest. I like that you know now"

"I like knowing that too. And I like that you know how I feel about you"

"Its good that you like me back because you're almost guaranteed to say yes to this"

"What is it?"

"Scarlett, will you be my girlfriend?" I was so shocked. I went from being a fan, to meeting them, to Ashton revealing his feelings about me on an interview then to me, then inviting me over, and now asking me to be his girlfriend. I was so overwhelmed, but there was no way I was going to say no.

"Of course, Ashton" I said and we both smiled at my answer. We walked over to the couch and sat down beside each other. He looked at me and said, "Scarlett, tell me some things about you"

"Well, my favorite color is blue, you probably know I go to Richmond, and I play on the varsity basketball team. I'm going into my senior year. I live with Kathy and Ben -my host parents- and their twelve year old son Jonah and their golden retriever Princess."

"Wait.. Your host parents? And why didn't you say about Macy?" How did he know about Macy? I think I said something about her when I met them..

"I'm in the exchange program. I'm from Long Beach, California, but I came here as an exchange student. I live with my host family. Macy is my biological sister. She still lives with my family in Long Beach. And why did you wonder about her?"

"I knew about her, and I was confused because you didn't say about living with her"

"Oh okay.." I understood now.

"You want to watch a movie? Maybe make some popcorn?" He wondered.

"Sure! What movie?"

"You pick"

"How about.. The Pursuit of Happyness? I like it and I know it's your favorite movie too"

"How do you- nevermind" He forgot I was a fan for a minute. I giggled and he started laughing too. I liked this: just being alone with Ashton and hanging out. It was great.