Chapter 29 - Night Out

October 5, 2016

Tonight, Ashton and I were going out to eat for my twenty-first birthday. I was so excited because this was my  fourth birthday that I'd be with him. On my eighteenth birthday, I went to the concert and was with the boys, and we've been dating through my other two birthdays, so this will be my third since we've been dating. I can't believe we've been dating so long. I love it, though.

"Hey, babe, are you ready?" Ashton asked, waiting at the door of our apartment.

"Yeah. I'll be out in a minute!!" I yelled to him from our bedroom.

I walked out, and I felt something on my legs, right where my dress stopped. It was claws, puppy claws.

"Sassy," I said to our cocker spaniel puppy, "get down!" Ashton smiled when he saw me come out.

"You look amazing.. beautiful" he complimented, and held out his hand for me to take ahold of it.

"Why thank you," I said, and took his hand, "and you look very handsome"

We walked out into the hall and closed the door to our apartment. We walked out of the building, and got into his car.

He drove us to a nice restaurant, got out of the car, and came to the other side to open my door and help me out like a gentleman. We walked into the restaurant, and it was amazing. We got seated, and our orders were taken.

———

Halfway into his meal, Ashton sat down his fork and said, "you know what, Scarlett? It's crazy that we are here, when just four years ago, you were a fan that met us at a concert.."

"I know. All I did was meet you at the concert, and four years later, we're here" I added.

"Scar, babe, you don't meet people by accident. We were made for each other. If we weren't, then we wouldn't have met. You know, you were meant to meet me at that concert, and it was already determined that I would fall in love with you. All of our dates, all of our ups, and all of our downs were meant to be, just so we could be here. I would only change one thing," he stopped.

"What is it?" I wondered, wanting to know what he would've said if he didn't stop.

"Your last name," he said, and opened up a velvet box after pulling it out of his suit's pocket.

"Ashton.. I-" I was speechless.

"Scarlett Taylor Anderson, will you marry me?" He knelt down with the box in his hands.

"Yes.." I paused, "Yes!" I kissed Ashton, standing up, and he took the ring from the box and placed it on my left hand.

"Soon you'll be able to officially tell everyone that you're all mine," he whispered in my ear while hugging me

"I already am all yours," I whispered back, and I could feel him smile against the top of my head.